Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 MLB Playoffs* Thread

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know everyone loves an underdog / Cinderella story, but the Marlins were 24th out of 30 in run differential this season, with a Pythagorean record of 26-34.  Good for them for making some noise this

I just assume they figured out a more clandestine and sinister way to cheat

Like a lot of fans with no direct rooting interest for or against either team, I usually resort to some sort of narrative-driven justification for choosing who to root for in the playoffs.  This one's

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Seven runs in the last three innings could provide some momentum for the Dodgers. Tomorrow will be interesting. 

Despite being up 2-0, I’m still very nervous about winning this series. LA now gets to face the rest of our starting pitching and it’s pretty bad. Wright was great against the Marlins but LA is a much better offense. Our offense and bullpen will have to find a way to win games because LA will score plenty of runs in the next several games. The only way I see us winning this is if we win all 4 games started by Fried and Anderson. That’s going to be difficult.

4 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Despite being up 2-0, I’m still very nervous about winning this series. LA now gets to face the rest of our starting pitching and it’s pretty bad. Wright was great against the Marlins but LA is a much better offense. Our offense and bullpen will have to find a way to win games because LA will score plenty of runs in the next several games. The only way I see us winning this is if we win all 4 games started by Fried and Anderson. That’s going to be difficult.

Much less difficult with the first two already done....  but I do agree.  Braves win this thing if they can take one of the next two.  If they lose the next two it's going to be a dogfight that probably goes 7 and advantage swings back to the dodgers because of their pitching depth.  I do think there's a reasonable chance the braves could take one of the next two though...  we've seen more than once their offense is capable of winning a game despite poor pitching.

No off days is so stupid for 7 games.

Edited by LJJr
11 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Seven runs in the last three innings could provide some momentum for the Dodgers. Tomorrow will be interesting. 

It will be interesting, but only because Wright pitching...

If it was a close game, Minter wouldn't have pitched in the seventh and Tomlin wouldn't have started the ninth, so it is very possible that they don't score any of them...

Edited by posty
8 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

This is pretty much how I feel, but I’m hopeful we can take one of the next two. Then we only need one of Fried’s and Anderson’s starts. 

12 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Nothing better than seeing the Dodgers and Astros get smacked around. Would love to see the Rays face the Braves in the World Series. Braves win in 6.

I agree except I want the Rays to win.  Time for them to get the national respect they deserve.

I agree 7 games in a row is ridiculous.  In 162 season regular games that rarely happens because of travel days and off days.  It is a once in a blue moon when a team play 7 straight in a row and then usually only because they are making up rain outs.  To have 7 straight for a playoff series is stupid.

• Like 1

freaking game was over before I found the channel it is on.

I like the no days off format. Rewards the deeper team. Seems like every year the winning team has 2 dominate starters, 1starter that fleshes out the bullpen, and than a couple of very good bullpen pieces. This way the deeper team should win.

14 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Nothing better than seeing the Dodgers and Astros get smacked around. Would love to see the Rays face the Braves in the World Series. Braves win in 6.

Dodgers haven't won since 1988 (which is incredible given how the team has been run the last decade)

Astros throw 5 consecutive rookies to start ALCS elimination game. Lost their ace, their closer, rookie of the year, their 2 starter to the Yanks and under new management. People can say whatever they want about their system and how much they benefited from it, they're a great team. They're in tough vs that Tampa pitching factory, but as a fan I'm damn proud of the way they've battled and played with a chip.