Sign in to follow this  
2ndCitySox

2020 MLB Playoffs* Thread

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

That’s not really the correct way to use “hold my beer”, but I see what you’re getting at. :D 

OK, is this better? 😄😄😄

Use links below to save image.

3 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I dont think anyone had that much faith in playoff Kershaw 

You obviously did not watch how those analysts and commentators on their man crush on Kershaw and how they drool all over the Dodgers..... 

6 hours ago, fluffy69 said:

Astros throw 5 consecutive rookies to start ALCS elimination game. Lost their ace, their closer, rookie of the year, their 2 starter to the Yanks and under new management. People can say whatever they want about their system and how much they benefited from it, they're a great team. They're in tough vs that Tampa pitching factory, but as a fan I'm damn proud of the way they've battled and played with a chip.

Everybody knows the astros are an amazing ball club, one of the most talented in the league.

11 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Everybody knows the astros are an amazing ball club, one of the most talented in the league.

I just assume they figured out a more clandestine and sinister way to cheat

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Altuve Now doesn’t have to worry about his jersey being ripped off by teammates and being embarrassed on live television!

• Like 1

Honest question for those in here.

Does anyone (who isn't a Dodger fan), actually want the Dodgers to win?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Like a lot of fans with no direct rooting interest for or against either team, I usually resort to some sort of narrative-driven justification for choosing who to root for in the playoffs.  This one's a bit of a conundrum.  On the one hand, the Rays are a triumph of sound front office decision-making based on analytics, and I loves me some analytics.  On the other hand, the way they've taken analytics to the extreme has created a brand of baseball that's pretty terrible to root for.

The Dodgers, meanwhile, spend money because they have money, which is never a good look when you want to root for an underdog narrative.  But look below the surface and there are plenty of reasons to root for them.  Kershaw's regular season success and postseason suckitude creates a good "monkey off the back" narrative, and I do think at some point ownership should be rewarded for spending money to put a winner on the field.  Dodger fans have a rep as aloof frontrunners, and maybe that's true, but I don't see too many guys to root against in their dugout, so I'm going to be rooting for them in this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

I can't say I'm rooting for them, but I'm not rooting against them, either. I don't really care who wins and I see pros/cons for rooting for either. I just want good baseball.

I'm running contrary to Ramon Alone and going Doyers in 6

On 10/19/2020 at 8:56 AM, CORTEz said:

Dodgers got cheated on twice in the world series (Hou,Bos)

RW blurb:

Clayton Kershaw allowed just one run and struck out eight batters over six scoreless innings in the Dodgers’ World Series Game 1 win over the Rays on Tuesday.

Huh'what?

11 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Dodgers got cheated on twice in the world series (Hou,Bos)

Why peddle in falsehoood?  Red Sox didn't cheat in the World Series.  Astros, yes.  

On 10/19/2020 at 12:26 PM, tonycpsu said:

Like a lot of fans with no direct rooting interest for or against either team, I usually resort to some sort of narrative-driven justification for choosing who to root for in the playoffs.  This one's a bit of a conundrum.  On the one hand, the Rays are a triumph of sound front office decision-making based on analytics, and I loves me some analytics.  On the other hand, the way they've taken analytics to the extreme has created a brand of baseball that's pretty terrible to root for.

The Dodgers, meanwhile, spend money because they have money, which is never a good look when you want to root for an underdog narrative.  But look below the surface and there are plenty of reasons to root for them.  Kershaw's regular season success and postseason suckitude creates a good "monkey off the back" narrative, and I do think at some point ownership should be rewarded for spending money to put a winner on the field.  Dodger fans have a rep as aloof frontrunners, and maybe that's true, but I don't see too many guys to root against in their dugout, so I'm going to be rooting for them in this one.

Agree with this.  And now Chaim Bloom is trying to spread the Rays' bland brand of baseball to the Red Sox.  Meanwhile Red Sox fans have to watch the greatest position player to play for Boston in our lifetimes show how great he is, in the World Series, for the Los Angeles Dodgers.  Go Mookie!