Rotoworld.com Forums

Robert Tonyan 2020 Outlook

18 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Not debating on Thomas at this moment. I think there are greener pastures ahead. He's certainly gonna be boom or bust

The entire GB offense was absolute disaster against TB.

I just gave you whats on my wire. Here are more names:

Certainly not rostering Olsen, Dwelley, Eifert, Akins, Knox, Ito Smith, Fisker, Rudolph, Albert O, D Fells, Mo Alie Cox  ahead of him.

This is a 12 teamer mind you.

Everyone is rostering multiple TEs for the most part because the position is crap.

I dunno man, I don't think it's going to get any better, especially when lazard is back who's a huge red zone target. This guys upside is pretty much td or bust at this point and his chances of tds aren't good. As soon as they get in red it's likely going to Davante or Jones. Then you have to deal with marcedes/sternberger and then factor in lazard now and possibly other receivers. Not good. I get that you like him, but from your list I'd rather play roulette and stream the Texans TEs, Dwelley or Olsen based off the matchups if I was desperate. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The things I do for love. 

I don’t think anyone thinks that the target share will be the same. The value here comes from the fact that he has one of the best to ever do it throwing to him in a high powered offense that has a gl

50 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Not debating on Thomas at this moment. I think there are greener pastures ahead. He's certainly gonna be boom or bust

The entire GB offense was absolute disaster against TB.

I just gave you whats on my wire. Here are more names:

Certainly not rostering Olsen, Dwelley, Eifert, Akins, Knox, Ito Smith, Fisker, Rudolph, Albert O, D Fells, Mo Alie Cox  ahead of him.

This is a 12 teamer mind you.

Everyone is rostering multiple TEs for the most part because the position is crap.

Ito Smith is a RB, but I agree it's a wasteland for the rest. Personally would hop on Fells or even play the weekly matchup @ TE.

My bad not trying to turn this into an A/C discussion.  Just trying to help folks make better decisions regarding Tonyan & tight end production in general. 

Edited by RunCMC
8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Ito Smith is a RB, but I agree it's a wasteland for the rest. Personally would hop on Fells or even play the weekly matchup @ TE.

My bad not trying to turn this into an A/C discussion.  Just trying to help folks make better decisions regarding Tonyan & tight end production in general. 

Auto correct from Irv, but I hear you brother. It's been a rough few weeks for Tonyan for sure. I'm just a big believer in the talent/profile in this offense and tend to think with a dynasty mindset because that's my favorite format.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Auto correct from Irv, but I hear you brother. It's been a rough few weeks for Tonyan for sure. I'm just a big believer in the talent/profile in this offense and tend to think with a dynasty mindset because that's my favorite format.

there's part of me that's still on board like you are, I'm just a bit disappointed. I thought Rodgers might finally have a legit TE talent to lean on regularly - something I've dreamed on ever since the tantalizing days of what-Jermichael-Finley-could-have-been. 

It's also clear, from the names you mentioned, that your league is much deeper than mine. In my home league, the top available TE are Engram, Ebron, Graham, Hooper, and Thomas. I'm carrying both Tonyan and Hunter Henry, which has left me feeling used and let down. 

I'm still holding but if I get in a pinch he's the first out the chute. Really not a lot of time for this kind of crap from a supposed starting TE. I'm carrying two TEs now something I've never done and this last "effort" of his is curing me of the urge to continue doing so.

1 minute ago, Travisio said:

I am not starting him over Hockenson, but the wind in Green Bay could make for lots of short to intermediate passes which could bode long for him in ppr leagues. 

This was my thinking as well but ankle injuries and wet fields don’t mix well either...

The disrespect for this guy.

In standard, he's the 5th overall TE with 71 points.

He's ahead of:

Hockenson (70)

Gronk (60)

Henry (58)

Graham (57)

Hurst (55)

Ebron (53)

I get that you'd probably take most of these guys over him at this point, but none of these guys are available on the WW either. I think the upside with Rodgers beats Lock and Fant, Jones and Engram, and possibly Wentz with Ertz/Goedert. I do like Goedert more though.

Lazard is coming back, but Rodgers still looks for those routes up the seam. His 11 point game came with Lazard. His 27 didn't. He just added 10 points against the Colts and has a nice schedule ahead. I don't think he's a bad choice.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ColoWrex said:

MVS is Q after hurting his achilles.  How we feeling about Tonyan if MVS is out? 

Yeah I am a big fan this week. His general ranks are kind of a joke for the week.

Bears are plain bad against the TE  (22nd in OVP and dead last ADJ FPA) and Big Bob is clearly getting healthier, noticed this:

Tonyan stands out for Week 12 because the Bears' defense has one of the widest gaps between its performance defending wide receivers (minus-2.9 adjusted fantasy points allowed, 10th fewest in the league) and tight ends (7.1, the league's most), and his Packers have a wide receiver who might therefore draw more attention from cornerbacks Kyle Fuller and Jaylon Johnson. Something else to consider: The Bears have allowed 13 individual games worth at least 12.5 PPR fantasy points to these two receiving positions, and five of them came from tight ends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
On 11/27/2020 at 6:26 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I am a big fan this week. His general ranks are kind of a joke for the week.

Bears are plain bad against the TE  (22nd in OVP and dead last ADJ FPA) and Big Bob is clearly getting healthier, noticed this:

Tonyan stands out for Week 12 because the Bears' defense has one of the widest gaps between its performance defending wide receivers (minus-2.9 adjusted fantasy points allowed, 10th fewest in the league) and tight ends (7.1, the league's most), and his Packers have a wide receiver who might therefore draw more attention from cornerbacks Kyle Fuller and Jaylon Johnson. Something else to consider: The Bears have allowed 13 individual games worth at least 12.5 PPR fantasy points to these two receiving positions, and five of them came from tight ends.

Spot on, well done!

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Another week, and more general disregard for Big Bob in the usual big pub ranks...I am seeing him in that 12-16 overall area, and just don't get it.

Yeah, it’s ridiculous... I don’t understand why he’s so underrated.

He’s TE4 overall on the season in Half PPR, and he was playing injured for a multi-game stretch in the middle of the year.

Ignoring Kelce & Waller, who are clearly ahead of the rest of the pack, Tonyan doesn’t have as high a floor as a few of the top guys like Hockenson, Henry, Goedert, Engram... but his ceiling is as high if not higher.

If you have a strong team elsewhere and all you’re looking for from the TE spot is consistency and floor, I’d say he falls in the 6-10 range.  But if you’re looking for upside, he’s as high as #3... maybe #4-5 behind Goedert and/or Andrews (if he even returns from COVID).

All-around, I think I’d put him in the 4-8 range for TE ROS depending on what you’re looking for.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, it’s ridiculous... I don’t understand why he’s so underrated.

He’s TE4 overall on the season in Half PPR, and he was playing injured for a multi-game stretch in the middle of the year.

Ignoring Kelce & Waller, who are clearly ahead of the rest of the pack, Tonyan doesn’t have as high a floor as a few of the top guys like Hockenson, Henry, Goedert, Engram... but his ceiling is as high if not higher.

If you have a strong team elsewhere and all you’re looking for from the TE spot is consistency and floor, I’d say he falls in the 6-10 range.  But if you’re looking for upside, he’s as high as #3... maybe #4-5 behind Goedert and/or Andrews (if he even returns from COVID).

All-around, I think I’d put him in the 4-8 range for TE ROS depending on what you’re looking for.

He’s TE2 in standard scoring. Just based purely on numbers had to grab him. Can’t believe he climbed that high.

Back on this train. I hope he can sustain similar numbers heading into the playoffs.

TE position has been an never ending carousel this year. 

Lazard’s return doesn’t seem to have a negative impact on him, as I first suspected. 

I guess he really wasn’t a 100% those down weeks.