Eaglesflyhigh11

Robert Tonyan 2020 Outlook

On 10/7/2020 at 6:39 AM, Jetdog16 said:

Every year there's a few guys that come out of nowhere to establish themselves as starters at the TE position.

2015 - Jordan Reed (TE3, 14th round) Gary Barnidge (TE4, undrafted)

2016 - Kyle Rudolph (TE2, undrafted) Cameron Brate (TE7, undrafted)

2017 - Evan Engram (TE5, undrafted), Jack Doyle (TE7, 12th round)

2018 - George Kittle (TE3, 12th round) Eric Ebron (TE4, 13th round), Austin Hooper (TE6, 13th round)

2019 - Darren Waller (TE, 13th round) Mark Andrews (12th round)

This year's crop is probably going to include Jonnu Smith, Robert Tonyan and Dalton Schultz. RT's fantasy profile might look a lot like Andrews/Ebron's where he is boom or bust but will win you games thanks to his TD's. Hopefully Tonyan's game is a tad more balanced and he gets a boost in targets going forward. He certainly looks like he can handle it so far as he's secured 13/14 targets for 173 yards and 5 TD's...

60/750/12 is in reach for this 6’5, 4.63 speed former wide receiver. Looks like Rodgers #2 option ROS. 

I feel this same way. MVS will be down field threat for now. Big Bob could soak up alot of #2/3 targets underneath. The rbs still eat. 

Too quiet in here.....

tenor.gif

SO WHO ELSE IS READY TO PARTY WITH BABY KITTLE THIS WEEKEND?!!?! WOO!!!

tenor.gif

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Too quiet in here.....

tenor.gif

SO WHO ELSE IS READY TO PARTY WITH BABY KITTLE THIS WEEKEND?!!?! WOO!!!

tenor.gif

Is everyone convinced the target share is still going to be there with Adams back this week? They also aren't going to play the Falcons every week.

6 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Is everyone convinced the target share is still going to be there with Adams back this week? They also aren't going to play the Falcons every week.

I don’t think anyone thinks that the target share will be the same. The value here comes from the fact that he has one of the best to ever do it throwing to him in a high powered offense that has a glaring hole at the number two pass catching spot. Lazard is out and MVS is just not it so if he can fill that hole he will be money. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Boozted said:

I don’t think anyone thinks that the target share will be the same. The value here comes from the fact that he has one of the best to ever do it throwing to him in a high powered offense that has a glaring hole at the number two pass catching spot. Lazard is out and MVS is just not it so if he can fill that hole he will be money. 

Precisely. Effectively, he's Aaron's #2.5 target. It's adams. And then the rbs from the backfield and Tonyan. MVS is a buster and relegated to deeper ball guy, in my opinion. I honestly feel like we're looking at a very valuable player right now. Mix in his red zone ability and Adams nagging soft tissue injuries. He's made me float Kittle on the block, for better or for worse. 

7 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Precisely. Effectively, he's Aaron's #2.5 target. It's adams. And then the rbs from the backfield and Tonyan. MVS is a buster and relegated to deeper ball guy, in my opinion. I honestly feel like we're looking at a very valuable player right now. Mix in his red zone ability and Adams nagging soft tissue injuries. He's made me float Kittle on the block, for better or for worse. 

Same... I'm trying to sell Kittle and insert big Rob in my lineup. Hopefully another big week from Kittle and Rob and I'll have better luck.

• Like 1

Accurate QB plus athletic TE with great hands plus team starving for receiving production = TE1

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Accurate QB plus athletic TE with great hands plus team starving for receiving production = TE1

Said everyone, about every GB TE since 2013 when J.Finley was last fantasy relevant.

Maybe now that McCarthy is gone, the new offense is in place, finally running on all cylinders in 2020... maybe this time it's different.

But until I see him do it with Lazard and Adams on the field, I'm not buying it.  Rodgers has never been a TE friendly QB.
Finely in 2011 is the last time Rodgers has had a top 10 fantasy TE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Said everyone, about every GB TE since 2013 when J.Finley was last fantasy relevant.

Maybe now that McCarthy is gone, the new offense is in place, finally running on all cylinders in 2020... maybe this time it's different.

But until I see him do it with Lazard and Adams on the field, I'm not buying it.  Rodgers has never been a TE friendly QB.

Well this is the entire reason we're talking about him. Because Lazard is not in the lineup and MVS is underwhelming. By the time the offense is whole again, BigBob will have carved out his roll and trust with arod. Imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

Yep.  But it makes me wonder if its like you said, if it's the offense, or if Rodgers just did not trust his TEs for whatever reason, even if to all of us Finley seemed like a guy who deserved targets.  Things just seem to be lining up for Tonyan, and Rodgers seems to trust him, and that's enough for me with how well Rodgers is playing.

I'm rolling him out and giving him at least a few games, even if there are meh games mixed in, just because I love the situation.  After Adams there's really no real pass catching competition (RBs?), and it'll be interesting to see how things go when Lazard is back, but that's still not a lot of mouths that need to be fed by Rodgers who is looking like his old self this year.

If anything Tonyan is establishing a case for more targets when Adams gets back. He's averaged 4.6 looks  a game over the past three weeks and that number definitely has room to grow. Rodgers doesn't need 8 receptions for 32 yards a game out of his RB's every week. More of those looks will start going to Tonyan going forward

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

I don’t think we’re gonna see a ton of targets, but I think there is a good chance he leads the league in TDs.

A target from Rodgers is worth a lot more than all but maybe one or two other QBs in the league, and he seems to trust him in the red zone.

My expectation is we’ll see a lot of 5-6 target, 3-4 catch, 40-50 yard games, with a 75% chance of a TD.

If he doesn’t score you’re probably gonna be slightly disappointed, but after Kelce and Kittle, that’s pretty much TE for you.

• Like 2

He has been the most efficient TE in the league with his targets. I'd expect them to keep building on this. 

If anything he has proved he deserves MORE targets.

Also, TB is very stingy versus WRs this year. Solid secondary. I expect them to use him to create match up problems this week.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To further what DirtyH2o said above, per PFF:

Rodgers when targeting Big Bob as his first read is 9 for 9--137 yards and 5 TDs!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Stacking Tonyan and finally a healthy Adams this week.  Hoping to see those points keep going up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, csv2209 said:

Stacking Tonyan and finally a healthy Adams this week.  Hoping to see those points keep going up!

Same here. In two league in fact. I don't expect much but if he could get 5 for 40 I will take it.

14 minutes ago, The G Man said:

He has 5 TD's on 14 targets. 

That's not sustainable.

TD regression is coming. 

Yes although that is rather obvious. But you're using the target/TD thing in a vacuum. Adams is the only truly reliable receiver in this offense. Tonyan in his 3rd year appears for the first time to be a #2 or at worst #3 option to be targeted in this offense. 

No one really knows if Tonyan is going to be a weekly contributor here on in but he has done everything possible to put himself in that situation. It's a leap of faith still I agree on that. 

TB is not generally a good matchup for a TE so here's another chance to prove himself. A lot of it depends on how well Tampa's offense plays, of course. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The G Man said:

He has 5 TD's on 14 targets. 

That's not sustainable.

TD regression is coming. 

I agree. Adams coming back alone will be damaging since he will be the first red zone look which seemed to be Tonyan in week 4. Lewis should also be back. He wasnt getting many targets but he was on the field a lot and he missed week 4 and the back half of week 3. 

Rodgers doesn’t have the best track record with TEs either. Maybe Tonyan is different but Finley also had a 3 TD game with Rodgers and only went on to score 17 more in the other 69 games he played with Green Bay. 

On 10/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

I don’t think we’re gonna see a ton of targets, but I think there is a good chance he leads the league in TDs.

My expectation is we’ll see a lot of 5-6 target, 3-4 catch, 40-50 yard games, with a 75% chance of a TD.

If he doesn’t score you’re probably gonna be slightly disappointed, but after Kelce and Kittle, that’s pretty much TE for you.

So basically Mark Andrews

• Like 1

Just offered Dobbins for him...Time to get on the hype train. #FOMO.