Eaglesflyhigh11

Robert Tonyan 2020 Outlook

He came back in and played on the injury last week and he killed it when Rogers wasn't shitting his pants after the snap. He started out with 3 catches out of 3 and all were 1st downs, then Rogers got that deer in the headlights look in his eyes and stopped looking for him. I'm planning on starting him and getting back on track. 

Image result for deer in the headlights gif

Edited by Rideordiecowboy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Any updates?

Countdown to Knowledge: 14.5 Hours

10 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Countdown to Knowledge: 14.5 Hours

Was hoping someone had some Twitter info. Still gotta make an account 

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Was hoping someone had some Twitter info. Still gotta make an account 

Yep but the Pack always go the extra mile to make things as difficult as possible - things rarely leak early there.

• Like 1

I wonder if he is a safe last minute drop and then scoop up again next week. 

11 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I wonder if he is a safe last minute drop and then scoop up again next week. 

If you're in Y! the time to do that was yesterday - maybe even earlier depending on your league's WW rules. You'd have to wait until he clears waivers to have a chance to get him back. That would likely not happen imo.

Expected to go today. Hopefully has built enough report with Rodgers that he can maintain his role with very limited practice time this week.

After watching Firkser shred the HOU LBs/safties last week, I think he is worth the dice roll. Should -at least- be involved in the RZ with Jones likely out.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Expected to go today. Hopefully has built enough report with Rodgers that he can maintain his role with very limited practice time this week.

After watching Firkser shred the HOU LBs/safties last week, I think he is worth the dice roll. Should -at least- be involved in the RZ with Jones likely out.

His rapport should be good. It’s not every day a guy hauls in three TDs from Aaron Rodgers. Baby Kittle has excellent chemistry with his QB. Love at first target.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Adams back

No jones

still bust week...ouch

guess Tonyan is full after those 5 tiddies 🤷🏿‍♂️

1 minute ago, Tghetty said:

Abaddon ship! 

And that's why you pump the breaks after that anomaly game with 3tds without Adams around. Jones will be back soon too. He's a TD dependent boom/bust with less targets to make use of

5 hours ago, Tghetty said:

that's a bad sign moving forward. Those old TDs meant nothing these past two weeks. Shame that nobody outside of kelce and kittle can be confident starts. At least with TEs you can win the week but not lose the TE-TE matchup with your opponent most weeks

Adams back and healthy is a major problem for Tonyan. Those TD's just won't be there.

Lazard coming back in a few weeks also won't help the matter.

Kinda sucks, I thought I had a solid 2nd TE. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Adams back and healthy is a major problem for Tonyan. Those TD's just won't be there.

Lazard coming back in a few weeks also won't help the matter.

Kinda sucks, I thought I had a solid 2nd TE. 

You do. Hou is simply terrible. They tried to single cover Adams cause they are stupid and 1-6. Most teams will double him freeing up other receivers. He's the #2 option without Jones. Lazard is behind Tonyan in the pecking order now.

4 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

You do. Hou is simply terrible. They tried to single cover Adams cause they are stupid and 1-6. Most teams will double him freeing up other receivers. He's the #2 option without Jones. Lazard is behind Tonyan in the pecking order now.

Hope this is the right take.  I want to believe.  It would also explain why Adams seemed to have it so easy today.

2 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Well I hope you're right. I'm not dropping or anything crazy like that, but not that optimistic moving forward.

I'm not so sure Lazard is behind Tonyan to be honest, but we shall see.

The issue is Tonyan doesn't get enough targets, he needs tuddies to make any noise.

Check the game logs when Adams plays vs him being out. Especially these last 2 weeks. Not good I tell you 

4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Well I hope you're right. I'm not dropping or anything crazy like that, but not that optimistic moving forward.

I'm not so sure Lazard is behind Tonyan to be honest, but we shall see.

The issue is Tonyan doesn't get enough targets, he needs tuddies to make any noise.

Check the game logs when Adams plays vs him being out. Especially these last 2 weeks. Not good I tell you 

He's not going to be a TE target monster like Kelce or Kittle with Adams around but Rodgers trusts him. Redraft maybe not what one would hope but dynasty I like his potential.

Can't really fault Rodgers for going to Adams on every play when the Texans were literally allowing them to play catch all day. I guess if Tonyan is your every week starter there is some concern but from what I've read on here a lot of people hedged their bets and added him for insurance and depth. Think hes still worth a hold its a great offense and quarterback and hes made the most of the few targets hes had.

His talent and trust with Rodgers will not matter if he's getting 3-4 targets. Game scripts have been weird past two weeks -- potential for more usage is very much in the cards. Since he's depth for me I will have to drop if that potential doesn't materialize soon

How are we feeling about Tonyan this week vs. Minnesota?  24 mph winds are expected so that could mean shorter passes to Tonyan and others.