Sign in to follow this  
ChadC

2020 Fantasy Football Platform Central -- ESPN/Yahoo/CBS/Fantrax, etc..

Does anyone know how Yahoo's IR works? Every week Alshon comes off then goes back to IR. Right now I cant pick up a player because Goedert isnt on IR even though he is.

Why is Yahoo not using IR slots for Covid impacted teams.

I have Steelers Defense and Tannehill in 2 QB league.

Yahoo has them with Bye classification, it would be easier if they move them to Out status so that they can qualify for IR slot.

I think platforms are treating it like a BYE. Have to deal with it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Why is Yahoo not using IR slots for Covid impacted teams.

I have Steelers Defense and Tannehill in 2 QB league.

Yahoo has them with Bye classification, it would be easier if they move them to Out status so that they can qualify for IR slot.

Because they arent out. This week is going to most likely be treated as a bye by for these teams by the NFL

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I think platforms are treating it like a BYE. Have to deal with it.

agreed - just get the eff on with it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChadC said:

Does anyone know how Yahoo's IR works? Every week Alshon comes off then goes back to IR. Right now I cant pick up a player because Goedert isnt on IR even though he is.

Goedert has an IR tag in my Yahoo league.

Not sure why yours would be different.

They aren't as instant at changing designations as Adam Shefty or Rap Sheet are at reporting, so you can't expect that kind of turnaround though.

As for Alshon, NFL and Yahoo can only do what the teams tell them.

Currently the Eagles have him as Q each game before moving him to out status.  At which point yahoo will shortly thereafter move his designation to O, which qualifies for the IR slot.  I think if you have any frustration here, it should be directed at Doug Pederson for not stating the obvious in advance, and the obvious is Alshon was never going to play Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and very likely won't play in Week 4 either.  

Posted (edited)

On the Yahoo app, do you have player’s missing photos ? 

Just noticed it today.

Edited by RunCMC

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

On the Yahoo app, do you have player’s missing photos ? 

Just noticed it today.

Ya, no idea who these guys are now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since when does ESPN lock bench players from being dropped after already playing? What the f---. I wanted to drop a player to pick up a WR to replace Adams, and I can't do.

6 minutes ago, atrium said:

Since when does ESPN lock bench players from being dropped after already playing? What the f---. I wanted to drop a player to pick up a WR to replace Adams, and I can't do.

It's always been this way. Any player that has already played cannot be dropped until rosters unlock on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Just now, GoPackGo23 said:

It's always been this way. Any player that has already played cannot be dropped until rosters unlock on Tuesday.

Well now I remember why I prefer playing on Yahoo. I understand the logic of not being able to pick up players who have already played, but not being able to drop them is just stupid as hell.

14 minutes ago, atrium said:

Well now I remember why I prefer playing on Yahoo. I understand the logic of not being able to pick up players who have already played, but not being able to drop them is just stupid as hell.

I think it would be dumb if you were allowed to drop a player that you already wanted on your team for this week(even on the bench) then be able to drop him for another player that same week. He should be locked on your team until waivers the next week once his game starts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

I think it would be dumb if you were allowed to drop a player that you already wanted on your team for this week(even on the bench) then be able to drop him for another player that same week. He should be locked on your team until waivers the next week once his game starts.

We'll have to agree to disagree then, cause this puts people in a bind who play Monday night players and then can't make a move Monday morning to replace an injured player because their entire bench already played.

1 hour ago, atrium said:

We'll have to agree to disagree then, cause this puts people in a bind who play Monday night players and then can't make a move Monday morning to replace an injured player because their entire bench already played.

You have to prepare for this ahead of time. Not a great replacement but I picked up Williams the GB RB just in case my Adams did not play tonight on sunday morning. 

Question for all the Yahoo commissioners out there. Is it possible to make a lineup change as a commissioner, after a game has been played? Looking at using the new designated backup rule that is going around because of Covid. Thanks!

On 10/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, atrium said:

It's just a different way to play, neither is good or bad. If you know in advance, you need to have another guy available on Monday. If you have bigger benches then it's easier to do.

We moved from ESPN to Sleeper this year and the default there is like Yahoo - you can drop a bench player after their game if you need to. I like it because like you say it allows you to react to late Monday injuries, plus it rewards people who are engaged who can drop a scrub for a lottery ticket in the late games. Some people who are used to ESPN say it feels like cheating. It's just different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

It's just a different way to play, neither is good or bad. If you know in advance, you need to have another guy available on Monday. If you have bigger benches then it's easier to do.

We moved from ESPN to Sleeper this year and the default there is like Yahoo - you can drop a bench player after their game if you need to. I like it because like you say it allows you to react to late Monday injuries, plus it rewards people who are engaged who can drop a scrub for a lottery ticket in the late games. Some people who are used to ESPN say it feels like cheating. It's just different.

Yahoo > ESPN every day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Yahoo > ESPN every day.

Just the App itself should be reason enough to use Yahoo over ESPN.

Besides the plethora of other reasons.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, absolutely. We essentially only stayed on ESPN because of draft day (1) the der-der-der, der-der-der sound effect when it's your turn to nominate (2) the "Going Once, Going Twice, Sold!". They even got rid of that this year, which is just...stupid.

3 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah I was primarily pissed off because I didn't know about the rule difference, otherwise I would've had a backup plan in place. And it cost me a win.

I still prefer the Yahoo approach, because of what you said. IMO the waiver wire should be reserved for players who have already played. You shouldn't be able to pick up someone after seeing how they performed. Before though? Anything's fair game.

11 hours ago, kwelch said:

Question for all the Yahoo commissioners out there. Is it possible to make a lineup change as a commissioner, after a game has been played? Looking at using the new designated backup rule that is going around because of Covid. Thanks!

Yes. I do it. Pretty easy. 

Do it from desktop. 

Commissioner tools. 

Manage other rosters. 

Etc. 

It's real simple from desktop. I don't have it memorized but it's very intuitive. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but they are only crediting Joey Slye with 2 points (2 extra points) though he has also made 2 field goals.

• Like 1

We are aware of scoring issues with kickers. We are working with our stats provider to get the issue resolved. Reminder - live stats are not final stats. Your team will not miss out on points.

• Like 1