Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Dork

Jeff Smith 2020 Outlook

Didn’t see the game and never heard of this guy but the stats look good, especially for a PPR format.

Anything to see here?

I know he plays for the Jets and they are a dumpster fire but he looked good last week.

He's a former QB and has lightning speed. He looked impressive and played 95% of the snaps against the Broncos catching 7 of 9 targets for 81 yards. 

I think he is here to stay as the Jets WR2.

Really like the potential of this guy, not sure why he's not being mentioned on waiver wire pickup articles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kco734 said:

Really like the potential of this guy, not sure why he's not being mentioned on waiver wire pickup articles. 

I'd hazard it has to do with:

1 Gase

2 Flacco

3 Jets

But he did look pretty good last week, at least.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Crowder, Smith, and Hogan will be Flacco's top targets the next game.  Coming off an injury, he did well catching 7 of 9 targets from Darnold.  Pretty decent bet for value in full PPR leagues.

There is a chance L. Bell returns week 5 or 6.

Edited by mjb

Mims coming off the IR eventually is also a threat. 

Maybe he can carve out a role outside opposite of him with Crowder manning the slot. They have such a dumpster fire on offense it does not hurt to throw things against the wall and see what sticks. He did look pretty good last week.

Please don't convince yourself into picking this guy up. You can use the roster space on a guy with much more upside. He actually looked good last week but his playing time is about to get vaporized by Mims and possibly Perriman. There is no potential here. Crowder is firmly entrenched as the team's go to receiver. Mims is the team's best guy on the outside, and Bell will catch passes too. This offense can only support one receiver right now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I'd hazard it has to do with:

1 Gase

2 Flacco

3 Jets

But he did look pretty good last week, at least.

That’s basically what I was going to say. It’s just a crappy team, BUT a team that may be in garage time a lot this year. 

37 minutes ago, kco734 said:

There is no potential here. These are the WR's likely available who are better pickups:

Tim Patrick, Brandon Aiyuk, Corey Davis, Mecole Hardman, Damiere Byrd, Denzel Mims...I could keep going. Btw, in my last post I did not mean to insinuate that Mims will be back this week or anything. Jets are real high on him though and he got excellent marks coming out of College. He and Crowder are the top two targets when healthy and there's no debating that. 

In deep leagues most of the guys mentioned are gone. He’s a bottom of the bench hail Mary and I’m fine with that 

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 7:43 PM, Jetdog16 said:

There is no potential here. These are the WR's likely available who are better pickups:

Tim Patrick, Brandon Aiyuk, Corey Davis, Mecole Hardman, Damiere Byrd, Denzel Mims...I could keep going. Btw, in my last post I did not mean to insinuate that Mims will be back this week or anything. Jets are real high on him though and he got excellent marks coming out of College. He and Crowder are the top two targets when healthy and there's no debating that. 

This really only has context for shallow leagues. Anyone browsing this thread is probably in a deep league and all those guys are long gone and rostered. You could make a living taking the easy picks.

Deep leagues aren't for the faint of heart. You have to be on guys weeks before things happen.

Fun Facts:

-11 targets last week, 27% target share the last 2 weeks

-on the field for 95% of snaps

-should be a positive game script against a fairly generous MIA secondary

Who's with me?! (lol) wish I wasn't actually serious 🤢

Expect to play, could be a sneaky one too.  Decent chance to find the endzone.  Coleman may be returning week 8.