• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm adding him for the mustache alone

His name is Giovani. It's a travesty it took him this long to do it

Here are Gio's 4 games with no Mixon:   19.0, 13.3, 19.6, and 25.6.

Posted Images

The real value in this offense will be streaming the Ds who play it.

I'm amazed the Bengals do not have a veteran QB who could spot start in place to mentor Joe Burrow.

Fitzpatrick, counts. Tyrod Taylor, counts.

Ryan mofuggin' Finley? Does not count.

Gio's not a drop yet, but a bench for next week, for sure.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

against pittsburgh?

spacer.png

Two weeks ago everyone was giddy about the potential for Gio based on what he's done in the past in Mixon's absence. Reasonable. 

And now you come in with a hindsight is 20/20 take after the best player on the team got knocked out for the season?

Please.

Call some shots vs. taking shots.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Two weeks ago everyone was giddy about the potential for Gio based on what he's done in the past in Mixon's absence. Reasonable. 

And now you come in with a hindsight is 20/20 take after the best player on the team got knocked out for the season?

Please.

Call some shots vs. taking shots.

He never has anything productive to say about anything. He comes on threads to scream waiver fodder or drop or LOL etc. It’s easier to just ignore him. Which is what everyone is doing anyway.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 5
21 minutes ago, JEREMY LIN said:

Are you guys dropping Gio?

It really depends on your options.  Gio should still be a low-end RB2 or high-end RB3 going forward for as long as Mixon is out.  I'm not planning on dropping Gio yet.

11 hours ago, brosephd said:

if he plays, is he a fade or start? shaky qb play but maybe decent ppr floor for check downs/dump offs. not sure about rushing #'s however.

Seems risky to play him this week but it depends on your options obviously. I'd rather have a week to see how the offense looks without Burrow (probably won't be pretty) and gauge certain tendencies of this practice squad QB. You'd hope Brandon Allen (?) is a major checkdown artist and Gio comes away with 6-8 receptions.  Plus Perine is seeing more carries between the tackles so there are a lot of question marks here.

According to the short man Michael Fabiano, in 2019, in 3 games, Brandon Allen only threw to RBs 4.7 times per game.  13.3 times to the WRs and 7.7 times to the TE.  6.1 passing yards per attempt and a dismal 46% completion percentage.  So he's not good. 

I'm worried to start Gio but I don't have much choice.  I'd feel better if the other Perine brother wasn't involved, but they seem intent on giving that guy some play.  

So we have 1) poor QB play and 2) a shared workload.

Not a recipe for fantasy success.

1 hour ago, claig34 said:

For non-Mixon owners, is he droppable at this point? It's hard to have much confidence starting him going forward with Allen or Finley at QB. 

Depends on your alternatives.

I for one will not be dropping him and may have to start him. Don't love the matchup @MIA but if Tua is back then maybe the game script doesn't get too far out of whack. 

• Like 1

For non-Mixon owners, is he droppable at this point? It's hard to have much confidence starting him going forward with Allen or Finley at QB. 

Think he is a safe drop at this point if you have other viable options.

• Like 1

I’m a mixon owner and I’m dropping. With the new QB there’s just no upside. His touches are decreasing and he isn’t doing anything much with the volume that he’s getting. Mixon is supposed to come back week 14 from everything I’ve been reading. Even if he doesn’t I just couldn’t start him anymore. 3 weeks straight of duds is enough sample size for me. I’d rather roll out frank gore at this point whose still available in a lot of leagues.

42 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I’m a mixon owner and I’m dropping. With the new QB there’s just no upside. His touches are decreasing and he isn’t doing anything much with the volume that he’s getting. Mixon is supposed to come back week 14 from everything I’ve been reading. Even if he doesn’t I just couldn’t start him anymore. 3 weeks straight of duds is enough sample size for me. I’d rather roll out frank gore at this point whose still available in a lot of leagues.

Touches aren't decreasing so thats not really a factor, still the main RB for this squad, hasnt done much on the ground with the carries he gets tho no doubt

His value ROS i think comes from the passing game and dump offs, more useful in PPR than standard but id be hesitant to drop a clear cut starting RB on any team (i think Mixon is done ROS, no reason to bring him back, paid him already, Burrow out so lost season, foot injuries are sketchy for RB's)