ColoWrex

Giovani Bernard 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

0.5 ppr? and this was last season?

No, PPR.

Mixon didn't miss a game last year, so this 2 in 2018 and 2017.

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

Definitely worth taking a flier on a guy that's going to get a ton of snaps if your options are thin. Gonna fire him up over Edmonds and Bell.

I haven't seen too much of the Bengals offense this season, but I now have to use Burrow, Bernard and Higgins this week due to bye weeks and injuries. Let's have a shootout!!!!!

Edited by laracco

3 minutes ago, laracco said:

Definitely worth taking a flier on a guy that's going to get a ton of snaps if your options are thin. Gonna fire him up over Edmonds and Bell.

I haven't seen too much of the Bengals offense this season, but I now have to use Burrow, Bernard and Higgins this week due to bye weeks and injuries. Let's have a shootout!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=13450971

I mean it could work out, but yowzers.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 2

Anybody have an idea what kind of usage we will get out of him? Can we basically expect getting the Mixon role with added 3rd down role with hurry up offense too.

1 minute ago, Brettg57 said:

Anybody have an idea what kind of usage we will get out of him? Can we basically expect getting the Mixon role with added 3rd down role with hurry up offense too.

H e won't be running it as much, his specialty is catching out the backfield where most his points will come from, ppr this is gold, standard ehhh not so much just hope for a TD

With out getting into specifics (so that it's an AC question), are we dropping some of the elite handcuffs for Gio?
It seems unlikely this is a multi-week absence, but who knows.

Edit: Too late, I did 😂

Edited by RLDN106

5 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Pretty much. And on paper that sounds fantastic, but having owned Gio a number of years I wouldn't expect much in terms of ceiling. Floor's high though. 

2 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

With out getting into specifics (so that its an AC question), are we dropping some of the elite handcuffs for Gio?
It seems unlikely this is a multi-week absence, but who know.

There is a good possibility Mixon will be held out until their bye week. So Gio could be relevant this week and next.

Floor is pretty high but I would also argue that he has a pretty high ceiling as well especially this week. What are the chances Mixons injury goes beyond this week? 

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

There is a good possibility Mixon will be held out until their bye week. So Gio could be relevant this week and next.

Hoping that it's more precautionary and that he's back next week, but you're definitely right that they'll err on the side of caution after giving him the 💰

3 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

With out getting into specifics (so that its an AC question), are we dropping some of the elite handcuffs for Gio?
It seems unlikely this is a multi-week absence, but who know.

I'm a huge handcuff guy but to be completely honest they VERY rarely play out as you'd expect. Perfect example I'd Mattison this year. He's an elite cuff that did nothing. Pollard would be another elite cuff IMO, but there aren't many. 

I wouldn't drop Latavius for Gio, but I think you could make a case for most of the others. 

• Like 1

I've always hated Gio for some reason, but the dude is an above average receiving back. Not much to write home about running the ball, but with that horrific offensive line it's not like that was really happening anway.

25 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm a huge handcuff guy but to be completely honest they VERY rarely play out as you'd expect. Perfect example I'd Mattison this year. He's an elite cuff that did nothing. Pollard would be another elite cuff IMO, but there aren't many. 

I wouldn't drop Latavius for Gio, but I think you could make a case for most of the others. 

Too late 😂

• Haha 1

Fantasy Doctor video on YT said it's prob a foot sprain and expects him to be out next week as well since they have a bye week 9, so 3 weeks to heal up, but said it's Lisfranc and it's possible he could be out even longer and mentioned Cam Newton as a comparison

Projection up to 15 in ESPN PPR. I'd be ecstatic with that. Gut feeling he's closer to 10 though.

3 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

Projection up to 15 in ESPN PPR. I'd be ecstatic with that. Gut feeling he's closer to 10 though.

Yup.

Don't think he'll have much luck running into the CLE defensive front, but CLE is weak against RBs out of the backfield. 

Could see a handful of receptions. Cheap PPR points.

Dealing with bye weeks + injuries and playing the Mixon owner this week. Got him before they did. Seems like a good FLEX option this week.

Espn is saying that Perine might be the back they use in short yardage situations. If that’s true then gio is a borderline flex 

1 hour ago, RLDN106 said:

With out getting into specifics (so that it's an AC question), are we dropping some of the elite handcuffs for Gio?

That was the dilemma I faced. I did the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLDN106 said:

Gio IS an elite handcuff.  Just look at his production without Mixon over the past few years.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Espn is saying that Perine might be the back they use in short yardage situations. If that’s true then gio is a borderline flex 

Why?  Because Perine might steal 4-6 short yardage carries?

Gio was getting redzone/goal line carries with Mixon in there.  His output this weekend might end up as a FLEX, but his opportunity should be pretty significant.  

1 hour ago, LAeagle said:

Floor is pretty high but I would also argue that he has a pretty high ceiling as well especially this week. What are the chances Mixons injury goes beyond this week? 

given their schedule the floor is not all that high either.  what Bernard represents is a body who is getting touches.

10 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Why?  Because Perine might steal 4-6 short yardage carries?

Gio was getting redzone/goal line carries with Mixon in there.  His output this weekend might end up as a FLEX, but his opportunity should be pretty significant.  

Yeah but I mean what we are hoping for is for gio to get basically 100% of the work. If he gets vultured for a TD by perine that could be a huge difference in points.