ColoWrex

Giovani Bernard 2020 Outlook

28 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Gio IS an elite handcuff.  Just look at his production without Mixon over the past few years.

Agreed, but there's that upper echelon of two or three guys that we know will smash when their starters are out (Murray/Edmonds come to mind).

https://theathletic.com/2157577/2020/10/23/joe-mixon-nick-chubb-injury/

>What do you see on Joe Mixon playing this week (and beyond)? – Jamie S.

Joe Mixon has been ruled out for Week 7, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he also misses Week 8. It looks like he is dealing with a mid foot (or Lisfranc) sprain, and these can be slow to heal. Mixon did return to the game last Sunday after getting injured but didn’t look like himself. Now he is going to miss at least one game after not practicing all week. 

The Bengals have a Week 9 bye, so he could have a full month to get that foot healthy before playing in Week 10, if he misses next week as well. 

A mid foot sprain is tough to play through because the ligaments in the arch of the foot can be damaged. Any time you go to take a step or push off it is aggravated. Because of this he needs multiple weeks for it to heal. If he returns too soon it’s going to hurt his performance and will leave him in that High Injury Risk category. 

A mild foot sprain would come with a 2 week Optimal Recovery Time, but a more serious sprain could need 5+ weeks. 

• Thanks 1

I don't see any way Gio doesn't have a nice floor this week.  Either Cincy will be in the game and Gio will get carries and some catches or they'll be chasing and Gio will catch like six balls.  

Just snagged him up, and also the Mixon owner. Zak Taylor loves him some Gio, and you have to feel like he has a safe floor due to the passing volume. I have been burned in the past by starting this guy when Mixon has been hurt, but I think he's a good play.

• Like 2

I doubt he get's many rushing yards but he could easily get 6-8 catches. Something like 14-40 rushing, 6-50 receiving, 1 TD

8 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I doubt he get's many rushing yards but he could easily get 6-8 catches. Something like 14-40 rushing, 6-50 receiving, 1 TD

I'd gladly take that from Gio...and everyone else in my lineup.

Have to agree with all the above posters...Gio usually always has done well when replacing Mixon. He should have a very safe floor. We may not see Mixon until after their bye week, they have Browns, Titans, and then their bye.

I'm likely playing him over Justin Jackson in PPR bc of his GTD. I think what we're all hoping for us 6+ catches and a td

• Thanks 1

Mixon doesn't really miss, but in 2018 when he last did, Bernard had 2 solid fill in games in September that year. 

• Like 2

Big difference here is no dalton and gio is two years older with probably a bad o line. If you think he can outproduce mixon, go for it. I’m predicting 10-12 half ppr points 

48 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Big difference here is no dalton and gio is two years older with probably a bad o line. If you think he can outproduce mixon, go for it. I’m predicting 10-12 half ppr points 

So basically Mixon numbers lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

How long is this injury lasting?  what is a foot injury?: lisfranc ruled out I assume?

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

14 team keeper league I will take that in my flex. 

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Lol at no Dalton being a big difference. The offensive line had already deteriorated by 2018 as well. It's not about him being better then Mixon, he's not. The Bengals do lean heavily on Mixon and completely trust Gio on all 3 downs so he has a very stable floor of touches. We know he's a very good reciever so we can expect at least a few of those. He's an elite pass protector so he'll be out there to keep Burrow clean the whole game. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

I just want to say that I have always been a huge fan of Gio Bernard's talent and have always thought it was criminal he didn't get a chance to be a lead back on an NFL roster.  And I say this as someone who almost always owns Mixon.

Yeah i've always really liked him too. They pretty much planned on making him a feature back but he just couldn't really handle the heavy workload over a full 16 and they realized that pretty quickly. He's made a very good career out of doing the things he does well and there is no shame in that. He's one of those players that's much more valuable in real life then people realize. He's a nice COP back and an elite pass protector.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Such a bad offensive line do we really expect him to do anything other than catch some dump offs and maybe score a td? 

5-6 receptions with a TD is a pretty nice fantasy day and I would certainly take that as a Mixon/Gio owner.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Such a bad offensive line do we really expect him to do anything other than catch some dump offs and maybe score a td? 

I mean he's going to get good volume. If you have better options then by all means use them. Most people aren't going to have the luxury to do that with how thin RB is getting. He's going to at very least be a flex for nearly everyone I would think.

25 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

The o line is not what you should be concerned about unless you are in a standard league...... His specialty has always been his receiving ability. Should have a nice floor for ppr

This guy can definitely produce RB2 numbers in PPR and 0.5 PPR. He was already heavily trusted in 2 min drills and in the passing game. 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:23 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's not nearly as good as Mixon but oddly in fantasy he produces similarly as a starter because when Mixon plays they inexplicably give Bernard about 40% of the work blocking and catching passes on 3rd downs. When Bernard starts they still give Bernard the 3rd down Gio role. He actually gets more volume than Mixon when he's in the starter role. 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:35 AM, FitzMagic said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13450971

I mean it could work out, but yowzers.

I will say the combo of Burrow,Bernard and Higgins worked out VERY well!!

• Like 3

No practice again today for Mixon... looks like another week of Gio.

Thoughts on where he ranks this week?  

The fantasy production was there last game, but he didn’t rush the ball very well. Plus, apparently they lost a couple more starting O-linemen.

16 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

No practice again today for Mixon... looks like another week of Gio.

Thoughts on where he ranks this week?  

The fantasy production was there last game, but he didn’t rush the ball very well. Plus, apparently they lost a couple more starting O-linemen.

Easy top 15...

• Haha 1

Another rock solid RB2 start that has potential to be a high scoring game. Just give us similar usage as last week.

• Like 1