Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 5


This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 5 of the 2020 NFL season.


It is not for the following:



Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.


Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Last Rebel said:

 

How about TE Robert Tonyan?

 

This guy seems to be someone worth targeting. Huge game lastnight, 3rd game in a row scoring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Justinrlstn said:

 

This guy seems to be someone worth targeting. Huge game lastnight, 3rd game in a row scoring. 

He's someone that I'm targeting but won't waste a high waiver priority on him because Davante Adams will likely be back after the bye.  His production yesterday was mostly a result of Adams and Allen Lazard being out.  He should be at least a solid low end te1 the rest of the way, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

He's someone that I'm targeting but won't waste a high waiver priority on him because Davante Adams will likely be back after the bye.  His production yesterday was mostly a result of Adams and Allen Lazard being out.  He should be at least a solid low end te1 the rest of the way, though.

With the TE landscape the way it is this guy is a must add

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, alleyce said:


Jackson was hurt and missed the first three weeks. Yesterday was his first game back and they were used pretty evenly. 
 

I said it in the Ekeler thread earlier in the year but What I’ve seen from Jackson in previous years he looks much better to me than Kelley. Kelley fumbled in back to back games as well which isn’t going to help his case for more work. 
 

My money would be on Jackson getting the higher end of the timeshare. Wouldn’t be surprised if they took a game by game hot hand approach as well. 

Kelley has the size of your prototypical back. Jackson does not. Kelley was also the more highly regarded player coming out of college. The team also spent a draft pick on Kelley obviously knowing they already had Jackson. And Kelley's played ahead of Jackson. There is literally nothing outside of wishful thinking that indicates Jackson takes the bulk of this backfield's workload. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who's expected to be out longer - Chubb or Ekeler?  That could affect the decision between bidding for DJohn or JJax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Kelley has the size of your prototypical back. Jackson does not. Kelley was also the more highly regarded player coming out of college. The team also spent a draft pick on Kelley obviously knowing they already had Jackson. And Kelley's played ahead of Jackson. There is literally nothing outside of wishful thinking that indicates Jackson takes the bulk of this backfield's workload. 

None of that matters. Jackson could easily steal this job, happens all the time in the NFL. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

None of that matters. Jackson could easily steal this job, happens all the time in the NFL. 

None of that matters? Actually a lot of that matters. 

Reminds me of a funny scene from King of Queens when he tried out for the semi-pro football team and Carrie says, "So what if they're bigger, stronger, and faster, that doesn't make them better football players", and Doug goes, "Actually that's exactly what makes them better football players."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Kelley has the size of your prototypical back. Jackson does not. Kelley was also the more highly regarded player coming out of college. The team also spent a draft pick on Kelley obviously knowing they already had Jackson. And Kelley's played ahead of Jackson. There is literally nothing outside of wishful thinking that indicates Jackson takes the bulk of this backfield's workload. 


So someone that is 6’0 200 lbs vs someone that is 5’11 210 pounds have that different size profiles? That’s a reach. Also the reason Kelley was ahead of Jackson was due to an injury to Jackson, he was behind him on the depth chart before that happened. I also don’t think draft capital matters that much for a 4th rounder, by that measure he should of been ahead of Ekeler he wasn’t drafted at all. 

 

To me it seems wishful thinking would be that Kelley has the job. My post stated it’s open but I would bet on Jackson. I own neither guy. Just have watched a lot of the Chargers games and made an observation. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dschddny said:

So who's expected to be out longer - Chubb or Ekeler?  That could affect the decision between bidding for DJohn or JJax

 

Considering Chubb is already on IR, he's the safer bet to be out longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

Considering Chubb is already on IR, he's the safer bet to be out longer.

Not imo. The fact we haven't heard much definitive info could be a red-flag.

It looked bad, it is possible it's just a grade 2 strain/tear of the hamstring, but then there's the matter of the knee hyper-extension and what that entails for the muscles around the knee--not to mention if it impacts the rehab of the hamstring...plus he was going for 2nd opinions today. I could be off-base (and am obv reading tea leaves) but I think these things point to a bad scenario for him...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelley is the better prospect but dismissing Jackson is wishful thinking. He's been effective when called upon and will be involved going forward. That being said, I would absolutely not make Jackson the #1 waiver add of the week. Definitely worth a speculative add but not seeing the hype to make him #1 even in a meh week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Ke'Shawn Vaughn?

He should get more PT if Lenny and/or Shady miss time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

What about Ke'Shawn Vaughn?

He should get more PT if Lenny and/or Shady miss time.

I'm holding him in one league - worth holding to see how he does in Thursday's game given some the extra PT

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Kelley is the better prospect but dismissing Jackson is wishful thinking. He's been effective when called upon and will be involved going forward. That being said, I would absolutely not make Jackson the #1 waiver add of the week. Definitely worth a speculative add but not seeing the hype to make him #1 even in a meh week.

If that's the case, save your WW priority.  I'd rather have Jackson than Johnson.  Both Chubb and Ekeler are looking at more or less 6 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Justinrlstn said:

 

This guy seems to be someone worth targeting. Huge game lastnight, 3rd game in a row scoring. 

I agree that he's definitely worth adding but I wouldn't spend more than a 5th waiver priority on him because as mentioned, Davante Adams will likely be back after the bye and he's a target hog.  I liken Tonyan to Jonnu Smith right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I agree that he's definitely worth adding but I wouldn't spend more than a 5th waiver priority on him because as mentioned, Davante Adams will likely be back after the bye and he's a target hog.  I liken Tonyan to Jonnu Smith right now.

 

That's a good comparison, only difference being GB #1 scoring offense & TEN #12 .

+ 2020 Goat Rodgers as opposed to a pretty good Tannehill 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonyan if you need a te or want to run another te on flex #1add, no brainer even when Adams comes back.

Shenaughty if you in need a wr3 or 4 like I am this season. Decent floor and opportunity for bigger games with his volume.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Justinrlstn said:

 

This guy seems to be someone worth targeting. Huge game lastnight, 3rd game in a row scoring. 

He is my favorite player of all time...Tonyans maaaaaan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, luckBbrady said:

Ekeler owner and unfortunately don't own Josh Jackson. You think he's worth it in an 8-teamer that rewards big plays? Seems like a reach but it wouldn't be too shocking if he outplayed Josh, would it? I remember JJ being pretty good when asked to step up.

Josh Kelley

or

Justin Jackson

 

or start them both to form Voltron Charger: Joshua Jackson!!!! 

who also moonlites as a fine actor in many great shows...

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tomy said:

Randy Bullock K ? Good scores

Picked him up for week 4, but most likely dropping for another kicker after waivers due to his match up with Baltimore.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's time to pick up the bespectacled one...Rodrigo Blankenship.  Dude is straight money and has outscored his team's opponents on his own.

 

Eric Ebron - could have picked up for free last week if somebody dropped during their bye.  Eagles aren't great against TEs.  Running a route on about 80% of his plays and targets have gone up every week.  I think there's developing chemistry between him and Big Ben.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CooL said:

It's time to pick up the bespectacled one...Rodrigo Blankenship.  Dude is straight money and has outscored his team's opponents on his own.

 

Eric Ebron - could have picked up for free last week if somebody dropped during their bye.  Eagles aren't great against TEs.  Running a route on about 80% of his plays and targets have gone up every week.  I think there's developing chemistry between him and Big Ben.

Dang kickers. The colts kicker is going off because the colts offense has been moving the ball outside the 20s. I usually grab kickers on good offenses which is why I have the Seahawks kicker. He only has 2 field goals however because the Seahawks only score tds apparently. They went for it on 4th down last week and failed so hopefully they start kicking those gimmes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

None of that matters? Actually a lot of that matters. 

Reminds me of a funny scene from King of Queens when he tried out for the semi-pro football team and Carrie says, "So what if they're bigger, stronger, and faster, that doesn't make them better football players", and Doug goes, "Actually that's exactly what makes them better football players."

Not one bit. Remember that James Robinson fellow who went undrafted this year because he’s too slow? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bgar15 said:

Scotty Miller? Or am I one week late on this one?

[...]

This is my target. He's on pace for 1k yards after 4 games and that's legit no matter who's been out. Godwin's availability seems very sketchy and Brady ❤️ Scotty even when Godwin returns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

None of that matters? Actually a lot of that matters. 

Reminds me of a funny scene from King of Queens when he tried out for the semi-pro football team and Carrie says, "So what if they're bigger, stronger, and faster, that doesn't make them better football players", and Doug goes, "Actually that's exactly what makes them better football players."

I really don't mean to be rude, but you must be very new to football if you think you can ever determine who the best ballers are by looking at measurables. There are countless Combine Freaks who never do anything, and plenty of HOFers weren't the biggest, strongest, or fastest. 

Edited by Drewfus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this