Sign in to follow this  
young dude

Drop Matt Ryan for Herbert?

Thinking of replacing Matt Ryan with Justin Herbert. Should I wait one more week with the Panthers next for Ryan?

Posted (edited)

Coach Lynn could inexplicably go back to Tyrod Taylor. At least that's the fear and it could happen. Herbert is the better QB without a doubt. However, Lynn always said that if Taylor is healthy he will be the starter, the Chargers are 0-3 in Herbert games and how can you bench a guy that got hurt only because of the team doctor's negligence? I like Herbert but you better have a backup plan. 

Edited by GoBlue41
  • Like 1

stick with ryan for now, i know yesterdays performance was hard to watch

help me out?

No, I'd stick with Ryan for now. Julio is also injured so he is down his best weapon.

Ryan looks off so if you need wins now Herbert isnt a bad look and have a much easier schedule whereas the falcons get harder and the offense is looking banged up. Id have no problem with the move

50 minutes ago, young dude said:

Thinking of replacing Matt Ryan with Justin Herbert. Should I wait one more week with the Panthers next for Ryan?

Nah. Atlanta's defense blows and Ryan is going to be airing it out all season. You've got to accept the good games with the bad games, or roster two QBs and stream based on matchup.

This community is 99% of the time helpful. This is the 1% where the group is more wrong than right (a few of you didn't hate the thought at the time), and my season might've been lost because of it.

Edited by young dude
  • Haha 2

On 10/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, GoBlue41 said:

Coach Lynn could inexplicably go back to Tyrod Taylor. At least that's the fear and it could happen. Herbert is the better QB without a doubt. However, Lynn always said that if Taylor is healthy he will be the starter, the Chargers are 0-3 in Herbert games and how can you bench a guy that got hurt only because of the team doctor's negligence? I like Herbert but you better have a backup plan. 

No way Lynn goes back to Taylor. Btw also stick with Matt Ryan for at least week 8.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/26/maqb-anthony-lynn-justin-herbert-starter-job

1 hour ago, young dude said:

This community is 99% of the time helpful. This is the 1% where the group is more wrong than right (a few of you didn't hate the thought at the time), and my season might've been lost because of it.

You came back 3 weeks later to tell the board we were wrong about Herbert??  Lmao.

Since you’re so knowledgeable, can you tell me how Zeke is gonna shake out over the next 3 weeks??  My season depends on it.  

9 hours ago, Cleanface said:

You came back 3 weeks later to tell the board we were wrong about Herbert??  Lmao.

Since you’re so knowledgeable, can you tell me how Zeke is gonna shake out over the next 3 weeks??  My season depends on it.  

Thx for taking my post seriously I guess... If you're serious about the question, I still think Zeke is an RB1.

12 hours ago, young dude said:

I'm new here but not to FF and definitely not to life. I should just ignore this but I can't.  What's the goal of your statement above?  I understand venting about FF, I do it all the time.  But to tell the people who offered advice that you solicited that they cost you the season is rather audacious.  I doubt any of them will be willing to help you in the future.

Here's my unsolicited advice: Own your team and your decisions. Don't blame anyone else for advice that you willingly followed unless you paid them for it.  And if that's the case, then fire them.  

*FWIW, I picked up Herbert and dropped Ryan weeks ago.  Sorry I wasn't here to give you the advice when it could have helped.  But then again, I played Mike Evans, Mike Williams and Hunter Henry last week, and lost as a result so what do I know.

Edited by 1fastdoc

12 hours ago, young dude said:

All the Young Dudes Carry the News

Lost seasons are hell, total hell...

3 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I'm new here but not to FF and definitely not to life. I should just ignore this but I can't.  What's the goal of your statement above?  I understand venting about FF, I do it all the time.  But to tell the people who offered advice that you solicited that they cost you the season is rather audacious.  I doubt any of them will be willing to help you in the future.

Here's my unsolicited advice: Own your team and your decisions. Don't blame anyone else for advice that you willingly followed unless you paid them for it.  And if that's the case, then fire them.  

*FWIW, I picked up Herbert and dropped Ryan weeks ago.  Sorry I wasn't here to give you the advice when it could have helped.  But then again, I played Mike Evans, Mike Williams and Hunter Henry last week, and lost as a result so what do I know.

Appreciate the feedback man. I think you made my point for me, just more clearly perhaps. Nowhere did I imply that I didn't appreciate the help or blame anyone but myself for my team's decisions.. so apologies if the post can be interpreted otherwise. Was it a vent, for sure lol, but I also just wanted to remind myself (and others if applicable) that every input to a decision is just that, an input. As you said, the decision maker is ultimately responsible.

And not in my dreams did I anticipate the activities that followed my post...

31 minutes ago, young dude said:

Appreciate the feedback man. I think you made my point for me, just more clearly perhaps. Nowhere did I imply that I didn't appreciate the help or blame anyone but myself for my team's decisions.. so apologies if the post can be interpreted otherwise. Was it a vent, for sure lol, but I also just wanted to remind myself (and others if applicable) that every input to a decision is just that, an input. As you said, the decision maker is ultimately responsible.

And not in my dreams did I anticipate the activities that followed my post...

Did you wind up picking up Herbert?  I run a 10 team dynasty league and I already had Tua and Burrows as well as Wentz and Ryan.  I dropped Rodgers before the start of the season (oops).  Herbert looks great, he can think quick, pass accurately and run when necessary.  I'm riding him the rest of the season.  Although thanks to my WR, who tend to pick clovers, I'm in 9th place.  Maybe I'll add Trevor Lawrence next year :)

4 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Did you wind up picking up Herbert?  I run a 10 team dynasty league and I already had Tua and Burrows as well as Wentz and Ryan.  I dropped Rodgers before the start of the season (oops).  Herbert looks great, he can think quick, pass accurately and run when necessary.  I'm riding him the rest of the season.  Although thanks to my WR, who tend to pick clovers, I'm in 9th place.  Maybe I'll add Trevor Lawrence next year :)

Lol, I picked him up and dropped Ryan, then dropped him during his bye for Ryan, and he was gone after that.

It's a work redraft league for $100 so I don't care that much vs some other leagues. I own one share of Herbert in a $250 league where he replaced Dak for me, so I feel decent. I own a bunch of shares of Burrow too. I'm only in redrafts.

Best of luck dude. If you've other questions on whatever feel free to PM me. I derailed this thread enough lol.