Sign in to follow this  
B&F

Randy Arozarena 2021 Outlook

His ADP goes up every AB this postseason.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Mongeese said:

What round do you think he goes in?   6? 2? 13?

I'm guessing 7.

Am I crazy to think he is better dynasty player than Vlad Jr at this point?  He also adds some steals.  

Edited by enyouartist

33 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

No way you hit 3 HRs in 3 straight games in the playoffs and it’s just a fluke.

Daniel Murphy, 6 games in a row in the playoffs.... Wouldn't say he was a superstar afterwards. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, fishingguy12345 said:

Daniel Murphy, 6 games in a row in the playoffs.... Wouldn't say he was a superstar afterwards. 

He only wasn't a superstar because steals are disproportionately valued in standard fantasy.  After that crazy postseason, he was still an afterthought in fantasy drafts the following year.  What did he do?  25 dongs, 104 RBIs, 347 average (154 WRC+). He was pretty great in 2017 too.  Then some age and injuries caught up to him.

He was 2nd in MVP voting in 2016.

As a hitter, he was very much a superstar the next 2 seasons.

Not sure how high Randy can get, but he's a bonafide sleeper next year. I'm not sure he's going to generate a top 100 ADP (maybe he does), if he doesn't, he's a decent sleeper choice.

If you're in a Dynasty League, it might be wise to check in on the owner to see how he feels about him. If he's looking to cash in, I'd consider buying if the price was reasonable.  He's going to hit in the middle of a good lineup next year.  He could be an Ozuna esque asset.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 9:14 AM, KingJoffrey said:

He hit 3 homeruns in each game? 

Damn... :P

On 10/8/2020 at 10:14 AM, KingJoffrey said:

“No way you hit .320 with 14 HRs in a month and it’s just a fluke.”

-Aquino owners in 2019, probably 

• Haha 3

A-Roz may be a fluke. But I am sure he will open next year with a secure starting job and would have to slump his way to the bench. Having a starting job in a good lineup and a good hitting slot makes him a great flier pick. I am thinking after round 12 though.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:25 PM, 2ndCitySox said:

He hit 3 homeruns in each game? 

Damn... :P

Yikes.. another arrest by the grammar police.

Note: he's been killing it since AA in 2018. Not just this season. So don't be afraid to buy from someone trying to sell high.

Edited by jspeco9
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Yikes.. another arrest by the grammar police.

I dont think that was a grammar issue, but just a joke nonetheless 

On 10/10/2020 at 10:55 PM, hailfire4 said:

A-Roz may be a fluke. But I am sure he will open next year with a secure starting job and would have to slump his way to the bench. Having a starting job in a good lineup and a good hitting slot makes him a great flier pick. I am thinking after round 12 though.

Is there such a thing as “secure starting job” with Tampa? 

• Haha 2

On 10/10/2020 at 2:01 PM, Backdoor Slider said:

“No way you hit .320 with 14 HRs in a month and it’s just a fluke.”

-Aquino owners in 2019, probably 

Aquino never really even got a chance this year.  Already in the pre-season there was talk about him not making the team.  He's an ok defensive Outfielder and they had the DH.  Reds handled their situation poorly.  Because of skepticism on Aquino he could have been bought for 1 dollar.  I'd love to see the same skepticism on Randy.  Nevertheless, it appears he is batting 3rd right after meadows and Lowe.  That's a plumb placed to hit for RBI's.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Is there such a thing as “secure starting job” with Tampa? 

Rarely anyone plays 162 games on any team. Adames/Lowe are really secure, Pham was last year. Meadows should be going forward.

Unless he's being drafted top 50. 500+ PAs is a good outcome. Which I he's more then capable of getting if he hits well/stays healthy. Adames, Garcia, Meadows, Pham all reached this mark in 2019)

• Like 1

He's not going to hit 40 bombs next year most likely, but I don't think this guy is the next Aquino at all.  He's a much better hitter.

https://www.fantraxhq.com/top-fantasy-baseball-prospects/

Eric Cross ranked Randy 98th amongst prospects. I cant emphasize what a bad ranking this is. This is why I think there is a buy high window in many leagues.  If the owner is a big Randy A fan and knows he has a very good piece, then maybe not. But man, there's a ton of guys ranked 1-98 I'd trade away for Randy in a minute.

The Rays are not platooning Randy and they are Austin Meadows.  Randy is hitting in the heart of the lineup on one of the best teams in baseball. I love prospects, but many would I struggle to have him far out of the top 25 right now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Aquino never really even got a chance this year.  Already in the pre-season there was talk about him not making the team.  He's an ok defensive Outfielder and they had the DH.  Reds handled their situation poorly.  Because of skepticism on Aquino he could have been bought for 1 dollar.  I'd love to see the same skepticism on Randy.  Nevertheless, it appears he is batting 3rd right after meadows and Lowe.  That's a plumb placed to hit for RBI's.

Agreed. I don’t think he’s Aquino. Aquino isn’t good. I was simply stating the reasoning wasn’t great.

Arozarena has a chance to be a very solid bat. I’m guessing he’ll go somewhere around round 10, and could provide solid value.

A-Roz has to be rising as an outfield option with his daily home run pace. At first I was envisioning Allen Craig as a playoff hero who squandered a starting job the following year then got traded to red Sox. Still no real guess as to when he should be picked but around 75 he may tempt someone.

This is a guy that I will likely not be drafting in any leagues. Seems like the ship has already sailed on this one. His stocks is rising and I think as March comes closer more people will try to snipe him as their 'sleeper.' 

I just can't pay for a guy that wasn't on my radar.

Also, he plays for the rays...

1 hour ago, hailfire4 said:

Still no real guess as to when he should be picked but around 75 he may tempt someone.

Eric Cross just ranked him as the 98th prospect

👀

In early August I really waiting for this guy to come up so I could scoop him in roto. Was hoping he'd give modest 5-cat production but not enough where people would notice unless he was on their team and so I'd be able to get him super late in drafts next season.

I am absolutely not thrilled about these recent developments.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Eric Cross just ranked him as the 98th prospect

👀

He's going to be 26 before opening day. Eric Cross isn't really unqine when it comes to discounting older prospects. Older prospects and short prospects who can hit have been historically been the big misses for prospect outlets the last decade or so. Valuators go nuts for age and frame.

Do I think this is a big blind spot? Yes, of course, but it's happened before and will happen again until the formula adapts.