GottaGetTheWin

2021 Dynasty Targets

Let's call it what it is.  Some Dynasty teams have been done before the season started(i.e. ME).

Who are some people teams can target now and get cheap to set up for success in 2021 and beyond? 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Darnell Mooney 

Anthony McFarland 

Gabriel Davis 

Andy Isabella 

DeeJay Dallas

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 4

I would love to see Gus Edwards get a chance to start somewhere.  Could be golden.

WRs Tyler Johnson and Quintez Cephus...both could make the jump to starter status next year for their teams.

TE Drew Sample has some solid traits and as he gains experience he could be a decent starter as soon as next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, machine3 said:

I would love to see Gus Edwards get a chance to start somewhere.  Could be golden.

Doesn't seem like more than a committee back thumper.  I'd be really surprised if he got a chance to be "the guy" anywhere. 

40 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

WRs Tyler Johnson and Quintez Cephus...both could make the jump to starter status next year for their teams.

TE Drew Sample has some solid traits and as he gains experience he could be a decent starter as soon as next year.

Been angling on Cephus.  Think he takes over for Marvin next year.  

Managed to acquire Edmonds and Penny as possible lead backs for their teams next year.  Hard to say what's going to happen with so many good RBs on the market this offseason, but I'm just trying to capture some lighting in a bottle.

I'm also trying to move quickly on some of these deals.  This season is shot for me and If the season gets cancelled, I want to get these deals done beforehand with teams who think they are in the hunt.  

2 hours ago, ty5592 said:

AJ Dillion if Jones doesn’t resign with Green Bay

Both Jones and William are FAs if I'm not mistaken.  I'm kind of hard pressed to think they don't resign Jones but I'm pretty sure they let Williams walk which should open the door for Dillion to take that #2 role. 

Someone mentioned Dj Dallas, but I like Penny If you can acquire on the cheap right now since he is injured and it looks like Carson is the guy. Chris Carson is only playing roughly 55% of the snaps this year and the remainder are getting distributed evenly amongst Homer & Hyde. If Penny comes back anywhere close to form we could be looked at a 1A 1B type of situation.

Remember he finished 2019 with 5.7 ypc. His season ended week 10 with the ACL. The two games before that he had two pretty impressive games as the feature guy:

Week 8: 14 att for 129YD 1TD

Week 9: 15 att for 74YD 1TD 5 Targets 4rec 33YD 1TD (went down in this game I believe)

Carson is a UFA in 2021 and Penny looked like he was really piecing it together last year, before he went down. Penny stills has 1 year left after this season until 2022 with a shot potentially having the #1 gig if Carson leaves in free agency.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 1

Donovan Peoples-Jones is someone I just grabbed as a deep stash.  I'll be honest, don't know much about him, but everything I read is he has a lot of talent.  Stuck behind OBJ and Landry but maybe in a year or two he can turn into something, especially if he learns from the previous two and then one or both eventually move on.  

17 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Doesn't seem like more than a committee back thumper.  I'd be really surprised if he got a chance to be "the guy" anywhere. 

I disagree. I think hes one of the most underrated backs in the league. Just happens to be in a bad situation. 

• Like 2

Some obvious ones, but potentially cheaper than they'll be later:

JK Dobbins

Chase Edmonds 

D'andre Swift

Dallas Goedert 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Some obvious ones, but potentially cheaper than they'll be later:

JK Dobbins

Chase Edmonds 

D'andre Swift

Dallas Goedert 

Yeah Swift and Dobbins are probably the cheapest they will ever be right now.

Edited by Dirtywater97

The guys I am trying to target in my keepers leagues are, in no particular order

-Jefferson (his stock is high now, but I picked him up off waivers before he went off)

- Jeudy (might be on waivers, he will be better when Lock gets back)

- Reager

- Hardman

- Pittman

- Chase Edmonds

- JK Dobbins
- Swift

- McFarland 

How confident are we that chase Edmonds becomes the lead back if drake leaves next year? I know Arizona likes him but he doesn’t seem to have elite talent to me. More of a guy that does everything good but nothing really great. How aggressively are you guys trying to acquire in dynasty’s? I’m not sure I have trust Arizona not to draft more RBs or try to trade for another just like they did Drake 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28

9 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

How confident are we that chase Edmonds becomes the lead back if drake leaves next year? I know Arizona likes him but he doesn’t seem to have elite talent to me. More of a guy that does everything good but nothing really great. How aggressively are you guys trying to acquire in dynasty’s? I’m not sure I have trust Arizona not to draft more RBs

I was debating drafting him (in startup this year) and after that trading for him, but i don’t really feel like he will be the 3 down back. Running Back Draft Class seems nice next year, too and with the load of free agent RBs next year, i am worried.

I went and acquired McFarland and Dobbins (even though I had to give Saquon) because I feel like they are destined to become starters in (and that’s important) run heavy teams (BAL) or teams who have a bell cow (PIT).

On the receiver side I drafted Pitman and am still really high on him. Don’t think you will get him any cheaper than now (or in the next weeks). When he gets back on the field, it will be too late.

Really would like to get Jefferson, but the owner is a hardcore Vikings fan and collects all his panini cards, so he is untradeable.

Edit: Luckily I own Gibson, because he is also one of those must own guys on dynasty and will be expensive. 

Edited by thebadferret
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phatpanda said:

The guys I am trying to target in my keepers leagues are, in no particular order

-Jefferson (his stock is high now, but I picked him up off waivers before he went off)

- Jeudy (might be on waivers, he will be better when Lock gets back)

- Reager

- Hardman

- Pittman

- Chase Edmonds

- JK Dobbins
- Swift

- McFarland 

You are smoking crack if you think jeudy is on any waivers in dynasty leagues lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

You are smoking crack if you think jeudy is on any waivers in dynasty leagues lol 

I don't think this discussion was ever about waivers specifically though.

1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I don't think this discussion was ever about waivers specifically though.

Correct, but the guy I quoted touted Jeudy and said "might be on waivers" 

• Like 1

Some people will disagree with this because there is a lot of skepticism about the Pats usage of RBs. But both James White & Burkhead are UFAs after this year. Sony & Damien Harris will be the only guys left under contract.

My point is go after Harris before he strings together anymore productive games. People are skeptical about usage this year & that RB room could be wide open next year.

44 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Some people will disagree with this because there is a lot of skepticism about the Pats usage of RBs. But both James White & Burkhead are UFAs after this year. Sony & Damien Harris will be the only guys left under contract.

My point is go after Harris before he strings together anymore productive games. People are skeptical about usage this year & that RB room could be wide open next year.

I would maybe wait for 3 weeks before going for harris. Denver, Bye and then 49ers. Can’t see him having good rushing games in the next 3 weeks.  

2 hours ago, machine3 said:

I disagree. I think hes one of the most underrated backs in the league. Just happens to be in a bad situation. 

He has 9 targets in 31 career games. Even if you think he's really good, then you think he's a really good thumper.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

I would maybe wait for 3 weeks before going for harris. Denver, Bye and then 49ers. Can’t see him having good rushing games in the next 3 weeks.  

You might be the right, but if you are playing for 2021 do we really care? If he blows up at all say see you later.

• Like 1