Yceman1234

Travis Fulgham 2020 Outlook

Regardless of which corner is in coverage, you should probably avoid starting him this week if you can. If he puts up respectable numbers this week, then you can be confident about him for the rest of the season, but this week... definitely a risky start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ravens blitz plenty and Wentz has been bad against it - plus continuing O line issues.  Hard to start him with confidence but it feels like the Eagles will find a way to make it a close game.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:07 PM, Dboy94 said:

Who's starting Fulgham with confidence this week???

I am sitting with confidence.

Dynasty Nerds devoted their regular column "Truth or Trap" to Fulgham this morning.

Here: https://www.dynastynerds.com/truth-or-trap-travis-fulgham/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=truth-or-trap-travis-fulgham

The conclusion?

"The obvious chemistry and trust between him and Wentz work in his favor. He is showing nice qualities on the field, especially in big situations. As much as I would like to call an up-and-coming Eagles player a ‘truth’, I believe this one is a trap. If you buy Fulgham because you believe he will elevate to the Eagles’ WR2 or better within the next few weeks, he is, in fact, a trap.

His skills on the field are no fluke, and it wasn’t scheme or broken coverages that allowed him to succeed at this level. While those facts may scream ‘Truth”, the situation counters as “Trap”. If you are already in this trap, don’t bail too quickly. Patience could pay off in the long run; there is just no immediate return on investment. Desean and Alshon are far from being pillars of health, so even when they do return, he will have a chance to shine again. The best thing about the situation is the “buy-low” window is open as soon as he loses snaps to either of those receivers. Keep an eye open for that opportunity."

• Like 1

I just think people are looking at this completely wrong. This is the one week, if any, that I AM starting him. 

Yes, Ravens CBs are elite, but this shapes up to be a fast paced game, where the Eagles will be playing from behind and throwing a ton. Vegas implied points for the Eagles is 18, someone has to score those points, especially if they’re throwing early and often. There’s a clear connection and trust level between Wentz and Fulgham.

While Goedert, Djax, and Alshon are still out, I’m trying to capitalize on Fulgham while I can. No telling what the pecking order will be next week and beyond. 

WR3 with upside. He’s in my lineup today. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

I just think people are looking at this completely wrong. This is the one week, if any, that I AM starting him. 

Yes, Ravens CBs are elite, but this shapes up to be a fast paced game, where the Eagles will be playing from behind and throwing a ton. Vegas implied points for the Eagles is 18, someone has to score those points, especially if they’re throwing early and often. There’s a clear connection and trust level between Wentz and Fulgham.

While Goedert, Djax, and Alshon are still out, I’m trying to capitalize on Fulgham while I can. No telling what the pecking order will be next week and beyond. 

Starting today as well. I'll take the volume as it seems Wentz loves him. Match up be damned. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

🙌🏻

• Thanks 1

He got three catches on one drive late in the game, I think the one where he scored his TD?

Got a lot of targets and still looks like he is a part of this offense.  

Alshon should stay on the shelf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CooL said:

He got three catches on one drive late in the game, I think the one where he scored his TD?

Got a lot of targets and still looks like he is a part of this offense.  

Alshon should stay on the shelf.

If this guy loses playing time to alshon then philly isn't committed to winning.

• Like 2

The best part is that Philly doesn't look like they will ever be up on anybody by much.  Which means tons of passing.  There isn't anyone else to throw to.  I'm glad I have him.

• Like 2

TD in every game played.

[others returning from injury shouldn't hurt his chemistry with Wentz -- 25% Target Share today]📈

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spina said:

TD in every game played.

[others returning from injury shouldn't hurt his chemistry with Wentz -- 25% Target Share today]📈

good lord I just checked his schedule too and it’s beyond amazing...for all eagles really. Wentz could be a buy low as well

Really concerned about sanders however r

4 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Don't keep sleeping on this kid, he can really go up and get the rock. Almost had another TD on the hail Mary before half.

Ertz is out for 3-4 weeks and Sanders out for Thursday...I know it's Bradberry but this guy has to be a must-start due to him doing well against the Ravens and Steelers..

8 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Ertz is out for 3-4 weeks and Sanders out for Thursday...I know it's Bradberry but this guy has to be a must-start due to him doing well against the Ravens and Steelers..

He will definitely start getting more attention from defenses but he looks legit. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

DJax is expected back for Thursday's game.

Any chance Bradberry covers him more extensively?

With Ertz & Sanders out, Jackson returning can only help Fulgham. I see no reason to bench him yet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UVA_Drew said:

DJax is expected back for Thursday's game.

Any chance Bradberry covers him more extensively?

I'm not seeing a world where they can bench this guy...3 straight weeks of production and they were getting barely anything out of the position. DJax has done nothing this year but will be welcomed back to spread the field a little bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm not seeing a world where they can bench this guy...3 straight weeks of production and they were getting barely anything out of the position. DJax has done nothing this year but will be welcomed back to spread the field a little bit.

Completely agree. I think you misunderstood me.

I was responding to the concern of Bradberry shadowing Fulgham. Look at Bradberry's stats this year, he has been elite and shut down basically everyone.

My comment was to the point that DJax is expected to return (which he is), would that mean Bradberry will cover him more often? At least enough to where he isn't completely shadowing Fulgham.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Completely agree. I think you misunderstood me.

I was responding to the concern of Bradberry shadowing Fulgham. Look at Bradberry's stats this year, he has been elite and shut down basically everyone.

My comment was to the point that DJax is expected to return (which he is), would that mean Bradberry will cover him more often? At least enough to where he isn't completely shadowing Fulgham.

Fulgham sets up all over the field so I don’t think Bradberry shadows him. If he’s outside Bradberry probably takes him. If he goes from the slot, I think Bradberry takes Jackson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Fulgham sets up all over the field so I don’t think Bradberry shadows him. If he’s outside Bradberry probably takes him. If he goes from the slot, I think Bradberry takes Jackson

Great point.

Also, with Fulgham's size (especially compared to Ward & DJax), he could be used even more inside and down the middle now with Ertz out (and presumably Goedert still a few weeks away).

He could be used as the de facto TE on a lot of their alignments.