mar1kle

Rashard Higgins 2020 Outlook

Third in line with Brown. Odell seems to be iffy with (flu Covit symptoms). Landry not practicing with hip. Playing Pittsburgh who can be beat through the air.

A taste:

Edited by mar1kle

Get ahead:

Odell Beckham was sent home with an illness Thursday and the team is awaiting the results of his COVID-19 test. 

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said Beckham has not yet tested positive for the virus. He was tested again Thursday and the results should be available tomorrow. Stefanski said the team would be cautious with Beckham as part of their commitment to follow the league's COVID-19 policies to the letter. 

Oct 15, 2020, 12:30 PM ET

Jarvis Landry exited the Cleveland Browns’ Week 5 game against the Indianapolis Colts with an injury after making his first catch of the contest and appears to be dealing with an injury ahead of Week 6. Wednesday’s injury port revealed that Landry did not practice due to hip and rib pain, and that could jeopardize his chances of suiting up against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

Landry has been dealing with hip pain all season and participated in every practice ahead of Week 5. He went on to catch four passes for 88 yards against the Colts. If his new rib injury holds him out, expect even more usage for Odell Beckham Jr., who is averaging just under eight targets per game. Rashard Higgins would likely step in for Landry if he’s ruled out, but I’d bank on Austin Hooper benefitting more than Higgins. OBJ and Landry are the only Browns wideouts with at least 10 targets this season.

Edited by mar1kle

Let’s say Baker has 250 yards. If the top 2 guys are out, then you would think Higgins could reasonably put up a 7/80 and a chance of a TD. 

• Like 1

who is going to catch the other 170 yards...Hunt gets you 50 and Hooper 50....Literally nothing behind Higgins

Is it time 👀, Might play himself to WR3/4..

I need a waiver wire starter this week and I'm making this guy my top claim, although I'm expecting the OBJ owner to get him. The matchup against the Raiders looks nice enough to throw a dart with Peoples-Jones too if you're in a real bind. 

18 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

It's hard to say Peoples-jones is just as much as a threat. Could see either one panning out.

Higgins is the PPR play, DPJ is the standard play. 

15 minutes ago, LurkingFFPlayer said:

As someone who hasn't watched a Browns game, can you elaborate on this?

Sure. Higgins is a savvy route-runner type with limited athleticism and good hands. His game is short routes. He should be a 5 for 50 type. 

DPJ is bigger and much faster and is more likely to hit a big play or to get in the end zone period. More boom bust than Higgins.

Edited by ajs723

Pretty sad this guy had to sit behind the garbage that is beckham. Glad to see him back out there helping get this offense back to where it was before the cancer arrived.

Now they just heed to take their medicine on that awful trade & cut the cancer out after the season.

3 hours ago, mjagger42 said:

I need a waiver wire starter this week and I'm making this guy my top claim, although I'm expecting the OBJ owner to get him. The matchup against the Raiders looks nice enough to throw a dart with Peoples-Jones too if you're in a real bind. 

I'd get R. Higgins, great add.  It's still Cleveland and they want to run the ball, but I think he's legit top 30 ish situation/talent. As above, I had him as a WR3/4 prior to the  injury to OBJ.  Landry isn't the healthiest player either (rib).

1 hour ago, FavreCo said:

Pretty sad this guy had to sit behind the garbage that is beckham. Glad to see him back out there helping get this offense back to where it was before the cancer arrived.

Now they just heed to take their medicine on that awful trade & cut the cancer out after the season.

Lmao what did Beckham do to you man 

• Like 3

I just find it hard to get excited about Higgins. This is his fifth year in the league, and he’s done nothing to speak of. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Lmao what did Beckham do to you man 

No kidding. I am not a Beckham guy by any means but he has not been a problem in Cleveland. I hate it when people just assume things about athletes years after previous events.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

No kidding. I am not a Beckham guy by any means but he has not been a problem in Cleveland. I hate it when people just assume things about athletes years after previous events.

Agreed. I can feel the hatred seething through that post lol.

Higgins seems like a decent play this week. Also concerned about usage with DPJ in the mix. 

34 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I just find it hard to get excited about Higgins. This is his fifth year in the league, and he’s done nothing to speak of. 

I didn’t realize he’d been in the league that long. I will say the opportunity is there now that Odell is out. He’s flashed before and seems to have a nice rapport with Baker and holy moly Cleveland plays some soft defenses the rest of the year outside Baltimore week 14. He’s worth an add in my opinion. 

Edited by TeflonDonNewcombe

Mayfield likes him. Higgins is a good fit in this conservative offense. Mayfield sees throwing to Higgins as a long handoff - some of those pay off big. 

Maybe last week woke the coaching staff up to the possibility of opening up the offense - I doubt it though especially when Chubb comes back. This particular game though is a good one to roll Higgins imo. OAK is a capable team offensively and should force CLE to throw to keep up.

• Like 2

anything to be concerned with here?  

Browns' Rashard Higgins: Competition coming

October 27, 2020 9:51 AM ET |

With KhaDarel Hodge (hamstring) ready to come off injured reserve Week 8, Higgins faces more competition for targets, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Cleveland's wideout position was thrown into turmoil Sunday when Odell Beckham sustained a season-ending knee injury, so it's natural the team would try to get Hodge ready to play immediately even though they can delay his return up to three weeks after designating him to return from IR. Prior to the season, Hodge had won the No. 3 job behind Beckham and Jarvis Landry, but Higgins has been vital since replacing him the last three weeks, catching 10 of 11 targets for 149 yards and two touchdowns, including two big receptions on the Browns' game-winning drive in Week 7 against the Bengals. It's likely the position group starts with Higgins and Landry, followed by Hodge and Donovan Peoples-Jones when Cleveland hosts Las Vegas this week.

1 minute ago, herschel said:

anything to be concerned with here?  

Browns' Rashard Higgins: Competition coming

October 27, 2020 9:51 AM ET |

With KhaDarel Hodge (hamstring) ready to come off injured reserve Week 8, Higgins faces more competition for targets, Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Cleveland's wideout position was thrown into turmoil Sunday when Odell Beckham sustained a season-ending knee injury, so it's natural the team would try to get Hodge ready to play immediately even though they can delay his return up to three weeks after designating him to return from IR. Prior to the season, Hodge had won the No. 3 job behind Beckham and Jarvis Landry, but Higgins has been vital since replacing him the last three weeks, catching 10 of 11 targets for 149 yards and two touchdowns, including two big receptions on the Browns' game-winning drive in Week 7 against the Bengals. It's likely the position group starts with Higgins and Landry, followed by Hodge and Donovan Peoples-Jones when Cleveland hosts Las Vegas this week.

ROS I'd be slightly concerned but for week 8 HIggins should be good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, snerpy said:

ROS I'd be slightly concerned but for week 8 HIggins should be good.

Agreed. As far as beyond this week I don't think there's any doubt he'll be a dependable (matchup-dependent) WR3 minimum - as mentioned earlier Mayfield has some chemistry with him dating back to last year.

Higgins has declared himself "in the starting lineup now."

This reminds me of the Bears' Raymond Harris declaring himself the "Ultraback."  Ah, memories...