Rotoworld.com Forums

Jameis Winston 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Say he TeddyTannehills for a few weeks......will a GM actually pay him starter money?  

I think so yes. Especially if he can get his turnovers to a level around league average. A slightly less erratic jameis on colts would be something to see. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The real power move is starting the Winston/Falcons DST stack.You could easily get 25 fpts from Winston and 18 fpts from Falcons DST on pick sixes.

Jameis on this Dallas team would be fantasy crack on steroids

Last year Winston had Godwin and Evans and didn't have great RBs like the Saints do.  Like some others said, I doubt Payton will be as forgiving when it comes to turnovers.  Slant Boy should be fine but I'm not sure if Winston will put up the gaudy stats we all enjoyed in the past.

Edited by ZappB
Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

He was a league winner (ish until the Texans lol) last year...still has a good coach and offense. IDK man- the mystery box appeal of a league-winning QB1 is pretty appealing.

He could be the starter ROS and Saints schedule looks pretty nice 

FOMO is a powerful thing. Stranger things have happened, but I don't think we'll see the fantasy stud he was in Tampa especially if they're using Hill packages alot 

Jameis has always had the talent to be great, part of me thinks his interception problem was because he couldn't see.  He had Lasik surgery in the offseason and one of his quotes was "I can read license plates, I can read street signs."  If he couldn't see those things, odds are he had trouble seeing defenders.  

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Can he hit MT on a slant and Kamara on a checkdown? If so then he's probably as good as 2020 Brees when you include the deep throwing ability.

No reason he shouldn't be able to.  But know he will throw the ball down the field a lot more than Brees.  Tre'Quan Smith may see some added value here.

I think what people fail to realize about Winston is that TB was a bad team.  They had to pass constantly, Winston throwing so many picks.  This team is good.  They aren't going to allow him to throw that much and keep throwing picks.  If he stinks they are going to put in Hill.  He'll be on a much tighter leash with the Saints.  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

How in the hell can someone be a starting QB in the NFL for years and proceed without getting their eyes fixed until they are a backup? Money obviously isn't an issue.

and consider he threw 5,100 yards pre lasik.

• Like 1

One thing with Winston is that if he gets them into a hole with TOs early, Payton has no choice but to let him throw them back into the game since Taysom has no ability to do that. If I can get him, I'm starting him (granted, my other options are Stafford and Cam).

25 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

how bad is my QB situation when i wake up to see that i won jameis winston off waivers and say to myself "now i finally have a real QB"?

FWIW I'm starting him over Brady this week with confidence. Jameis matchup is too good to pass up, turnovers be damned.

Edited by sSektor
1 hour ago, trolltoll said:

How in the hell can someone be a starting QB in the NFL for years and proceed without getting their eyes fixed until they are a backup? Money obviously isn't an issue.

There are several health reason someone can be a poor candidate for laser eye surgery...I was also denied for surgery since my corneas are too thin.

• Thanks 1

Stashing in case Lamar slump continues, but I'm really not expecting much. Hope he randomly blows up though. I don't think Payton lets him throw it downfield, Taysom vultures a lot of redzone, and they lean more on Kamara.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, goke said:

There are several health reason someone can be a poor candidate for laser eye surgery...I was also denied for surgery since my corneas are too thin.

Very true.... But he got it....

Maybe he was risky, but decided to go with it in desperation to return to a starting QB? 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Very true.... But he got it....

Maybe he was risky, but decided to go with it in desperation to return to a starting QB? 🤷‍♂️

As an NFL player, he was likely a fine candidate for it. I don't see him undergoing the surgery without approval from multiple expensive doctors, a luxury a lot of people wouldn't have. Some people are not good candidates for LASIK, but many other. The success rate is quite high these days.

Edited by harck

at this point of the season, it is rare to get a potential league winner for free at the QB position.  no one knows  how Winston is going to do starting, but i'd rather waste my last roster  spot for 1 week to find out than kick myself on Monday for not using a throw away roster spot on him.  it hurts nothing to put him on the end of the bench.  even if you have Murray or Mahommes, having Winston at the end of your bench means you keep him off other rosters.  it buys you the week to see what he can do in NO. 

The more i think about it, if eligible, you cant lose with taysom at TE and Jameis at QB. Jameis sucks and gets pulled? Taysom is qb from the TE position. Jameis is great? Cool, some plays will still go to Taysom. A bad week for a qb is 12 to 15 points. Thats also a solid week for a TE. Just wish cbs gave him TE eligibility.

3 hours ago, FouLLine said:

No reason he shouldn't be able to.  But know he will throw the ball down the field a lot more than Brees.  Tre'Quan Smith may see some added value here.

I don't think Tre'Quan Smith is going to be playing this week. He had what may have been the ugliest concussion of the season least weekend.

Just now, ajs723 said:

I don't think Tre'Quan Smith is going to be playing this week. He had what may have been the ugliest concussion of the season least weekend.

Ahh.  Well scratch what I said above for now lol.

• Haha 1