Rotoworld.com Forums

Who are your playoff must-haves?

I would lean Sea over NO Def. Doug has already come out and said they’ll put a heavy emphasis on run game to keep Hurts upright (though he has said that before!) 

for the record I’m starting Sea over NO Def in my high stakes league. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to have pretty deep benches or a commanding lead to be stashing defenses with week 15/16 in mind as we are in the middle of bye weeks.   Teams that are picking up an extra defense for

Alcohol. 

What widely available players are you guys stashing in hopes that they could help you in the playoffs?  I feel it's worth 1 or 2 bench spots to take a shot on someone who could pay off big time, even if it's a risk.  I'm just looking for ideas if anyone has found any player who fits that they are stashing.  For me, I have Kyler and who knows if the shoulder flares up and is an issue, so I grabbed Hurts for week 16 vs. DAL in case Murray falters and Hurts impresses.  I'm also looking for a RB who is an injury away with a great schedule.  I've looked at Jeff Wilson Jr vs DAL week 15.  SF RB always hurt and if Mostert is out, that could be a huge pickup.  I have thought about Pollard, but Zeke can't even do much so I don't think I'm going that direction.  Who are you guys picking up for a possible lotto ticket in the semis/finals?

6 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

What widely available players are you guys stashing in hopes that they could help you in the playoffs?  I feel it's worth 1 or 2 bench spots to take a shot on someone who could pay off big time, even if it's a risk.  I'm just looking for ideas if anyone has found any player who fits that they are stashing.  For me, I have Kyler and who knows if the shoulder flares up and is an issue, so I grabbed Hurts for week 16 vs. DAL in case Murray falters and Hurts impresses.  I'm also looking for a RB who is an injury away with a great schedule.  I've looked at Jeff Wilson Jr vs DAL week 15.  SF RB always hurt and if Mostert is out, that could be a huge pickup.  I have thought about Pollard, but Zeke can't even do much so I don't think I'm going that direction.  Who are you guys picking up for a possible lotto ticket in the semis/finals?

Keep an eye on how Reagor performs with Hurts under Center. That week 16 game against the Cowgirls looks yummy if they click. Week 15 against Cards isn’t bad either. 

13 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

I also stashed Hurts (Russ owner) and J. Wilson. I think Wilson is gonna have value down the stretch.

Coutee is a guy to grab if he's available. Great showing last week and now there's news that Cobb may not be returning this year. Week 15 against the same Colts team he just torched and then Week 16 against the Bengals.

I think Pollard needs to be rostered if you're in a 12-teamer or deeper. If Zeke goes down (and there are rumblings) then he's a volume-based RB2 play. That's money this time of year.

3 hours ago, malta69 said:

I would lean Sea over NO Def. Doug has already come out and said they’ll put a heavy emphasis on run game to keep Hurts upright (though he has said that before!) 

for the record I’m starting Sea over NO Def in my high stakes league. 

You're also obviously an Eagles fan so unfortunately your take can't be trusted. No offence.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:51 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'd counter that the Jints D, at home, possibly fighting for their division title, is the better play in that game. 

Jones went 3 straight games without a turnover prior to his injury ... so, if he's back by then, it's not really the slam dunk it was earlier this season. 

also factor an indoor/warm weather team (Cards), trekking East for the early start, in potentially wintery conditions ... Kyler can be sloppy with the foosball, and who knows what shape that shoulder will be in come a couple/few weeks 🤷‍♂️

the Jints D has been steady, if unspectacular ... they are playing sound and solid under Judge, and i'd be more comfortable rolling them out in week 15 for all the reasons alluded to. 

YMMV, of course. 

anyways, i'll be here when the Arizona D "Mattsons/Hills" everyone that afternoon. 

gl ✌

You were saying??

Niners D better because they were “home” LOL

Giants D against the Cardinals LOL

Edited by rasrar