Sign in to follow this  
CamNewton

WHIR: Is JK Dobbins or Cam Akers a better speculative add? (Full PPR)

I'm debating whether I need to drop Akers for Dobbins in Full PPR. My current RBs are Zeke, Jacobs, Swift, Pollard, and Akers. I'm really thinking that Dobbins might be the better hold, but what do you guys think?

Im not a fan of any of the Ravens RB just because of Lamar...

I would hold on to akers and see if he takes over later in the season..playoff bound.

• Thanks 1

I think Ita sort of the same thing, dobbins looks electric with the few touches he's had, I've been holding him for dear life til after the bye to see if he gets more involved

• Thanks 1

I would wait it out maybe at least 1 more week. Then add dobbins before waivers. Since he’s on bye. 
mall depends on Mark Ingram and Gus Edwards 

Oof, it's a crapshoot. Dobbins prob has better chance lead back, right?

Maybe drop pollard? I know you want the zeke insurance but how good would pollard really be with a bad QB and decimated OLine? Theyre always gonna be trailing and have too many good WRs to feed. Cowboys are failing, and I'm honestly lil worried about zeke himself. (Im a cowboy fan) I'd rather have guys like dobbins n akers with bigger upside on far better teams. Just me tho

But rn between dobbins n akers....I'd go dobbins

• Thanks 1

Dobbins is the better add...think he's more explosive and the better player, plus I think the RBs in front of him are less talented than what LAR has

please help

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

I would wait it out maybe at least 1 more week. Then add dobbins before waivers. Since he’s on bye. 
mall depends on Mark Ingram and Gus Edwards 

He's only on FA because he's on a bye.

5 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

He's only on FA because he's on a bye.

What I’m saying is pick him up after the rams game to see how that goes. Not sure how your league runs waivers but on mine we can pick up players up until the Monday game. 

nevermind just saw rams play Monday night yeah just pick him up now rams backfield is just as bad and it’s really just a coin flip at this point .

2 backfields with 3 rn 

Edited by HOF12

1 minute ago, HOF12 said:

What I’m saying is pick him up after the rams game to see how that goes. Not sure how your league runs waivers but on mine we can pick up players up until the Monday game. 

Akers will be locked in at that point. I won't be able to drop him.

I think all that's blocking Akers is Henderson. (Malcolm Brown is just a guy).

Dobbins has Ingram, Gus, and Lamar to lose carries to. 

I think it's more likely that Akers gets predictable work. 

• Thanks 1

I was way to high on Dobbins entering the season and sadly I just dropped him in my league but I feel you have to keep him if you need to choose between the two.  He is the more electric back.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for mine! I dont like either guys tbh, but I would keep akers for now.The balt backfield is too much for me honestly. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve been holding JK.  Think Harbaugh might come out of bye w new game plans for the season and JK as lead.  Esp w Ingram hurt. 

thx for mine!  

• Thanks 1

I would go with dobbins. He has been impressive in limited touches so def a nice speculative add. That rams backfield is what the ravens was before Ingram went down. Plus lamar took over post bye after they adjusted so maybe they do the same for dobbins given that offense hasn’t been as explosive as last year.

• Thanks 1

I think it's something of a coin toss. On talent alone I'd go for Dobbins, and with the bye week it feels like this is the moment. Any chance you can trade Akers to the Henderson owner for a piece? If not, I think I'd take Dobbins, and hope that I could still pick up Akers if he turns into a pumpkin, but as the other guys say I'd much rather take the gamble on dropping Pollard instead.

Help with mine?

Akers 10000000000000% keep on you're team, drop a WR for Dobbins