Sign in to follow this  
cgu112

Trade Thielen + Gibson for Adams? WHIR

25 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

Assuming you don’t need gibson yes

my rbs are cmc sanders and taylor. So hes my rb2 until they come back.  But I have gio bernard and jamaal williams to bridge the gap. Think its smart to go into ros with only those 3 backs?

4 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

my rbs are cmc sanders and taylor. So hes my rb2 until they come back.  But I have gio bernard and jamaal williams to bridge the gap. Think its smart to go into ros with only those 3 backs?

I could go either way with this. I love Adams of course but Thielen is no slouch. The Vikings also don't have a choice but to continue to up the passing volume to me and Thielen is what WR2 so far? The defense just isn't what it was and they'll have to continue to throw even if it isn't what they want to do. I like Gibson's potential 2nd half upside maybe more then a lot of people do as well. They stink and I think they'll try and fully see what they have in him toward the end of the year. Both sides are solid to me.

11 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I could go either way with this. I love Adams of course but Thielen is no slouch. The Vikings also don't have a choice but to continue to up the passing volume to me and Thielen is what WR2 so far? The defense just isn't what it was and they'll have to continue to throw even if it isn't what they want to do. I like Gibson's potential 2nd half upside maybe more then a lot of people do as well. They stink and I think they'll try and fully see what they have in him toward the end of the year. Both sides are solid to me.

thx. Yeah I like gibson a lot too. Thielen has a brutal playoff schedule and adams is gold (ros too). 

I like that move - Adams is uber-elite and the best player in the deal

22 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

thx. Yeah I like gibson a lot too. Thielen has a brutal playoff schedule and adams is gold (ros too). 

Honestly...one of the biggest mistakes that people make in fantasy to me is overrating playoff matchups...especially for a WR. We don't know what kind of injuries or any other variables that might change a defense between now and then. It's something to consider but it's more of a bonus to me if someone has a good schedule as opposed to a negative if someone doesn't. I'm not saying you are doing that here but I'd throw that part out. Take the side you like.

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

Honestly...one of the biggest mistakes that people make in fantasy to me is overrating playoff matchups...especially for a WR. We don't know what kind of injuries or any other variables that might change a defense between now and then. It's something to consider but it's more of a bonus to me if someone has a good schedule as opposed to a negative if someone doesn't. I'm not saying you are doing that here but I'd throw that part out. Take the side you like.

yeah I agree.  Thats just one factor. A little worried about thielen td regression, emergence of jefferson, and vikings d getting better so they will throw even less than they already do

Just now, cgu112 said:

yeah I agree.  Thats just one factor. A little worried about thielen td regression, emergence of jefferson, and vikings d getting better so they will throw even less than they already do

I don't know why the Vikings defense would get better, they just got lit up by a struggling Falcons offense and they just traded one of the best defense players they had in Yannick Ngakoue to the Ravens a couple of days ago too. They just don't have the personnel like they once did. Things set up nicely for Thielen going forward to me, Jefferson or not. The only risk to me is that Thielen gets traded if they decide to sell here soon. The Ngakoue trade could potentially signify that's the direction they are considering.

7 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I don't know why the Vikings defense would get better, they just got lit up by a struggling Falcons offense and they just traded one of the best defense players they had in Yannick Ngakoue to the Ravens a couple of days ago too. They just don't have the personnel like they once did. Things set up nicely for Thielen going forward to me, Jefferson or not. The only risk to me is that Thielen gets traded if they decide to sell here soon. The Ngakoue trade could potentially signify that's the direction they are considering.

true.  What do u think of gibson?  Think he ever really breaks out?

3 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

true.  What do u think of gibson?  Think he ever really breaks out?

He's one of my favorite buy lows right now because everyone is fading him and selling him cheap and I still think he has a path to breaking out. I certainly can't guarantee it but I don't know why they wouldn't get him even more involved when they are 3-9 or whatever. He has the talent to breakout if he gets the work.

I'm not a huge fan of Gibson -- but it seems to be you're a bit thin at RB (and RB depth is king for the long haul, esp. this year w/ all these injuries -- CMC/Sanders not guaranteed to be healthy when they're back).  Thielen has been top few in pts, i'd stick w/ a bird in the hand if i were you.

Help w/ mine? Thanks! 

Don’t forget Love will show his face in Washington’s backfield at some point. 

Hard to comment without seeing your roster, but I would prefer the Adams side of this trade.

Help?

11 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Don’t forget Love will show his face in Washington’s backfield at some point. 

I highly doubt he plays this season. His knee keeps swelling up. He's on the ropes of ever really playing in the NFL. They didn't even make him active when he was 'healthy'. Gibson is just a far better prospect at this point anyway.

2 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

What did you end up doing here? You couldn't lose too bad with either side on this one.

didnt do it.   Yet.  Still mulling it over. Would you rather keep diggs or thielen?

1 minute ago, cgu112 said:

didnt do it.   Yet.  Still mulling it over. Would you rather keep diggs or thielen?

Easy Thielen for me. These are all good easy start WRs though...how badly do you need to keep Gibson is what it comes down to. Other RBs?

Edited by Benjamin1984

6 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Easy Thielen for me. These are all good easy start WRs though...how badly do you need to keep Gibson is what it comes down to. Other RBs?

cmc sanders and taylor.  So need him until cmc and sanders come back but have gio bernard jamaal williams As fill ins and hasty as well.  10 team so decent ww options (Might be able to get damien harris)

gibson is on bye this week too and I can also try to pick up smokey brown on waivers. Think im gonna do it. 

Oh if it's 10 team get Adams. I should have asked that part. Always the best player the shallower it gets. Still love Gibson going forward but just take Adams for sure.

If this is a 10 team league I'd go with Adams side which is the best player in the deal. You sound like you have solid players to bridge the gap until your stars come back. Also, I'm assuming your record is decent enough.

Help here pls: