Sign in to follow this  
jmcampbe11

The Other Owner's QB is Wentz. Offer Him Kyler?

Thoughts on this trade? 

Pros - Short term, Gaskin would give me a much needed bye week 8 fill in . And it also sounds like McCaffrey "might" play which would be even better since I just lost Drake.

Cons - Trading Murray would HURT. 

For context, I plan on dropping Slayton, GIants, and Koo and putting waiver claims in for Bernard, Edmonds, Hasty, and Moss, but I'm not sure I'll get any of them since I have such a low claim.

GIVE - K.Murray / J.Robinson

GET - McCaffrey / Gaskin

MY TEAM 
QBs - Murray / Tannehill
WRs - A.Robinson / McLaurin / Di.Robinson / A.Brown / Slayton
RBs - Conner / J.Robinson / *Drake / *Freeman
TEs - Henry
D/S/T - Colts / Giants
Ks - Tucker / Koo
IR  - *Mostert

I would stay put with what you have.  With Kenyan Drake out for awhile now, the Cardinals will pass even more and James Robinson has been arguably the waiver find of the year and a borderline top 10 rb.  McCaffrey when healthy is arguably the top fantasy rb but who knows how he'll come back and I'd rather have Robinson than Gaskin.

I'd stay put. You have arguably the best or 2nd best fantasy quarterback. I understand you're probably hurting for production at RB but Kylers output can exceed both McCaffrey and Gaskin any given week.  Unless you need depth I wouldnt do it. Are there no other fill in for RB? 

I would do the trade.

Is there risk?  Absolutely.  Tannehill isn't Kyler Murray, but he isn't a slouch either.  He also has a very nice looking playoff schedule (I assume you're doing fine standings wise) Det, GB, and Houston (who he dropped 36 points on already).  I am a huge JRob fan, but CMC is obviously a huge upgrade over him.  Even a 70-80% CMC should give you Mike Davis production.

Is Gaskin exciting?  No, but he has been producing recently.  Someone else will value him given the dearth of RB and his volume. If you don't want to keep him anymore you could use him as trade bait to another RB needing team.

Edited by fbi314159

Yes, do the trade. I like the upside for you at RB. And as someone else pointed out...yes, Tannehill is no Murray...but, the upgrade at RB is too good to pass up.

Edited by saeapp

16 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Thoughts on this trade? 

Pros - Short term, Gaskin would give me a much needed bye week 8 fill in . And it also sounds like McCaffrey "might" play which would be even better since I just lost Drake.

Cons - Trading Murray would HURT. 

For context, I plan on dropping Slayton, GIants, and Koo and putting waiver claims in for Bernard, Edmonds, Hasty, and Moss, but I'm not sure I'll get any of them since I have such a low claim.

GIVE - K.Murray / J.Robinson

GET - McCaffrey / Gaskin

MY TEAM 
QBs - Murray / Tannehill
WRs - A.Robinson / McLaurin / Di.Robinson / A.Brown / Slayton
RBs - Conner / J.Robinson / *Drake / *Freeman
TEs - Henry
D/S/T - Colts / Giants
Ks - Tucker / Koo
IR  - *Mostert

I would make the trade & then from your other topic, make Edmonds your top waiver priority, while Drake is out.