Sign in to follow this  
wang61

Herbert Time? Trade Lamar? WHIR!!!

12 team league, standard scoring, start QB/2RB/2WR/FLX/TE.

Picked up Justin Herbert and looking at ROS schedules, I'm seriously considering riding the rookie and shopping Lamar.  My league doesn't put a ton of value on QBs when trading but there has been some interest.  One team in particular, not much on the roster to love, but they are willing to move Deandre Swift.  Thoughts on any of these deals?  

A - Lamar Jackson for Deandre Swift, straight up

B - Lamar and Jamaal Williams for Swift and Josh Allen

My team:

QB - Lamar, Herbert

RB - CEH, J.Conner, J.Robinson, K.Drake, J.Williams, B.Scott

WR - Julio, A.Robinson, DJ Moore, Di.Johnson, C.Claypool

TE - R.Tonyan, Goedert (IR)

A - No.  I like Swift, but you should be able to do better.

B - Maybe.  I love Herbert, but I prefer Josh Allen.  I think Lamar and Allen are  close in value with Jackson the more valueable.  Allen has outproduced so far, but I think Jackson will outproduce going forward and his playoff schedule is very nice: Jax, Giants, Bengals.  I definitely like Swift more the Williams.  Swift has potential if Detroit will finally realize he is the better 3-down back than AP (or AP get's injured).  When given the touches, Swift produces.  Unfortunately he doesn't get more than half the touches with AP around.  Jones' injury doesn't appear to be serious and unless he misses a game, williams has minimal value.  Swift can be flexed even when only given 50% of the touches.

You can get a far better RB for Lamar. Offer him up for one of those elite backs. 

53 minutes ago, wang61 said:

12 team league, standard scoring, start QB/2RB/2WR/FLX/TE.

Picked up Justin Herbert and looking at ROS schedules, I'm seriously considering riding the rookie and shopping Lamar.  My league doesn't put a ton of value on QBs when trading but there has been some interest.  One team in particular, not much on the roster to love, but they are willing to move Deandre Swift.  Thoughts on any of these deals?  

A - Lamar Jackson for Deandre Swift, straight up

B - Lamar and Jamaal Williams for Swift and Josh Allen

My team:

QB - Lamar, Herbert

RB - CEH, J.Conner, J.Robinson, K.Drake, J.Williams, B.Scott

WR - Julio, A.Robinson, DJ Moore, Di.Johnson, C.Claypool

TE - R.Tonyan, Goedert (IR)

I would consider #2, so you get Swift & also J Allen, for depth at QB, in case Herbert starts to struggle.

I would go with option B.  Hebert is amazing and maybe he won't slow down.  But he is by har the best rookie QB ever at this point and odds are they figure him out.

You ever deal Lamar for one of those elite RB's yet?