Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Breakout Candidates 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

This might be Cousins' very last shot at proving he's still got it. But man, after all the injuries he's been through it's hard to see him putting up anything of value. ACL, Achilles and a quad injury on a big man is literally the trifecta of the worst things that can happen. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dude, welcome to the forum, but please, don't use that much line-spacing, it turns your posts into a damn medieval poem. and it gives me OCD.  thank you.

Bagley is an Aliexpress version of Isaac.

I usually try to avoid the very clear and popular break out candidates, as they tend to get overdrafted either way. Here’s my list for 2020-2021. Please check back in for updated lists and new suggest

What you guys think about Derrick White? Forbes gone. Vassell won't get playing time 1st year. 

White gives you 17.6 pts 3.6 rebs 5 ast FG 44% 3 3PM in bubble. I think it's not bad with LMA not playing. 

If LMA gets dealt somewhere, is Derrick White a favorable pick late round?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, csklmf said:

What you guys think about Derrick White? Forbes gone. Vassell won't get playing time 1st year. 

White gives you 17.6 pts 3.6 rebs 5 ast FG 44% 3 3PM in bubble. I think it's not bad with LMA not playing. 

If LMA gets dealt somewhere, is Derrick White a favorable pick late round?


Isn't he a SG? I wouldn't touch any of the Spurs until I see a major shakeup that involved Derozan and/or LMA. As a last pick though, he shouldn't be too bad but I'd rather take a gamble on Dejounte Murray.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, edbuzz said:

Where are you guys getting the numbers from "the bubble"?

 

I think they can be very useful in my preparation for my auction

 

Anyone?

 

Please inform. 

 

Thank you. 

Espn game split - look at August. 

Edited by csklmf
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tazdingo said:


Isn't he a SG? I wouldn't touch any of the Spurs until I see a major shakeup that involved Derozan and/or LMA. As a last pick though, he shouldn't be too bad but I'd rather take a gamble on Dejounte Murray.

 

 Dejounte  isn't a gamble, he'll be great.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

 

 Dejounte  isn't a gamble, he'll be great.

He played average 25,6 minutes. If he plays 30+, he is TOP50. But I am surprised always if people say: "he will be my target", "he is not a gamble". I all depends in what round you draft him. If you draft Murray in 5th round, then it is gamble. If possible then always is better to inform here other people about round when you target him. For example me: I can draft Dejounte starting from 7th round. Derrick White is more like 9th-10th round player.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apatas said:

He played average 25,6 minutes. If he plays 30+, he is TOP50. But I am surprised always if people say: "he will be my target", "he is not a gamble". I all depends in what round you draft him. If you draft Murray in 5th round, then it is gamble. If possible then always is better to inform here other people about round when you target him. For example me: I can draft Dejounte starting from 7th round. Derrick White is more like 9th-10th round player.

 

He's ranked I think at 76th, so by default (for me) he's not a gamble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apatas said:

He played average 25,6 minutes. If he plays 30+, he is TOP50. But I am surprised always if people say: "he will be my target", "he is not a gamble". I all depends in what round you draft him. If you draft Murray in 5th round, then it is gamble. If possible then always is better to inform here other people about round when you target him. For example me: I can draft Dejounte starting from 7th round. Derrick White is more like 9th-10th round player.

You are assuming he will play the exact same 25.6 minutes with the spurs rebuilding, and another year removed from his ACL injury?  Most knowledgeable owners you are playing against are not making that same assumption.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tazdingo said:


Isn't he a SG? I wouldn't touch any of the Spurs until I see a major shakeup that involved Derozan and/or LMA. As a last pick though, he shouldn't be too bad but I'd rather take a gamble on Dejounte Murray.

White wouldn't be a last pick in competitive leagues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys feel about the rookies?

I think Cole Anthoy can have some impact from the jump, cause he will fight for minutes w/ Fultz and MCW.

I'm thinking a late late gamble on Vernon Carey Jr, as the Center situation in Charlotte is awful and he can even start.

Edited by Huk
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

Is Wendell Carter Jr prime for a breakout season? New coach probably won't F up the rotation. Lock up at the C position. 1 stls 1 blks potential.

I have my eye on him. I think all the Bulls will be better with Donovan. These guys hated Boylan. The 1 + 1 stocks and rebounds are too to pass up

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, summersoff7 said:

he's on my DND list.  He didn't live up to expectations last year for me

Bryant did in the beginning of the year and at the end. Injuries really made him almost worthless for most of the winter. I'm still hoping he can be more consistent.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Mikal Bridges, his play this past season, especially in the bubble was a big reason they traded Oubre. He can play both F spots depending on small ball  and doesn't hurt you anywhere in 9 cat. 

Prediction: 1.7 3s/13.5 points/4.6 boards/2.7 assists/1.9 steals/0.8 blocks

 

I'm thinking about targeting him in the later rounds. Those steals are undeniably delicious. A more economical version of Lord Covington.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, csklmf said:

What you guys think about Derrick White? Forbes gone. Vassell won't get playing time 1st year. 

White gives you 17.6 pts 3.6 rebs 5 ast FG 44% 3 3PM in bubble. I think it's not bad with LMA not playing. 

If LMA gets dealt somewhere, is Derrick White a favorable pick late round?


Both of the Spurs backcourt guys will certainly improve this year, with or without a trade. If there is a trade, especially Derozan who is really cramping the floor spacing on the team, then you can expect a big year from the both of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Mikal Bridges, his play this past season, especially in the bubble was a big reason they traded Oubre. He can play both F spots depending on small ball  and doesn't hurt you anywhere in 9 cat. 

Prediction: 1.7 3s/13.5 points/4.6 boards/2.7 assists/1.9 steals/0.8 blocks


Shhh, keep this quiet. He's basically a Covington who can shoot good and is wayyy cheaper.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say you guys are pretty damn informative. 

 

I won all 3 of my fantasy hoops leagues this year and you guys are wayyyyyy smarter than me.

 

But I'm reading all of these postings and I'm becoming razor sharp in advance of my auctions because of you guys

 

So thank you; 

 

You've provided some keen insight and I'm going to use it to win some serious money again this year

 

I'm new to fantasy basketball talk but I'm here to stay

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

You are assuming he will play the exact same 25.6 minutes with the spurs rebuilding, and another year removed from his ACL injury?  Most knowledgeable owners you are playing against are not making that same assumption.

 

Exactly how I feel. While it was nice to see him sort of come back from the ACL tear, his play did not put him out of the "injury risk" group with people like Hayward, PG-13, Kemba, and the like. My gut tells me the guard rotation in the Spurs is gonna be in flux until there's a clear cut winner that Pop is happy with.

 

45 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Mikal Bridges, his play this past season, especially in the bubble was a big reason they traded Oubre. He can play both F spots depending on small ball  and doesn't hurt you anywhere in 9 cat. 

Prediction: 1.7 3s/13.5 points/4.6 boards/2.7 assists/1.9 steals/0.8 blocks

 

Man I totally missed this. Gonna have to see what rounds I saw him disappear and try to adjust accordingly for my next mock drafts.

 

EDIT: Just checked and he's been disappearing in the 7th rounds. I've been actively targetting Sexton in this round for all my drafts so far and I don't know if Bridges would be the right pick over Sexton at that point...

Edited by tazdingo
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

You are assuming he will play the exact same 25.6 minutes with the spurs rebuilding, and another year removed from his ACL injury?  Most knowledgeable owners you are playing against are not making that same assumption.

Most knowledgeable? You know very well Pop as I understand? What I know: if you play in Gregg Popovich team then it is never sure how much minutes you get. My prediction is 26-27 minutes.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, apatas said:

Most knowledgeable? You know very well Pop as I understand? What I know: if you play in Gregg Popovich team then it is never sure how much minutes you get. My prediction is 26-27 minutes.

Look at Dejounte's minutes and White's minutes in the bubble.  How will they now lose minutes?  And to whom?  Patty Mills?  Quindarry Weatherspoon?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jay_00 said:


Shhh, keep this quiet. He's basically a Covington who can shoot good and is wayyy cheaper.

 

b l a s p h e m o u s   h e a t h e n

                     Beware of the Lord's wrath

 

By that logic a donkey and a zebra are basically a horse. 
SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME 

🔔 🔔 🔔 🔔 🔔  🔔 🔔 🔔 🔔 🔔  🔔 🔔 🔔 🔔 🔔 

 

 

 

ae5759ac2b9850759aeeb4be5746ffa6.jpg

 

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Marcus Smart

No more Gordon Hayward and "Brad Stevens said that due to the shortened offseason, it'll be some time before Kemba Walker is going 'full speed'." Smart put up 6th round value last season with Hayward in the lineup. Kemba was in the 4th round range in average rank. If I had to choose, I'd rather draft Smart couple rounds later for better value, his numbers are budget FVV (Fred VanVleet) 1.8-2+ threes, 12-15 points, 4+ boards, 5+ assists, 1.8 steals on s---y fg% and 80%+ FT. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...