Rotoworld.com Forums

Bradley Beal 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you recall Rotoworld's writers -- the "top" analysts, not just the blurb writers -- were advocating selling Beal all year long due to shut-down fears. Everyone in the fantasy community has the same

Not really. Apparently Beal is injury prone. Let's hope he lasts. Or sell high ASAP.

Tyler Herro for Beal lol. Herro is probably one of the most overrated players in the NBA right now. 

9 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Just noticed in the 2019-2020 thread a lot of complaints about Beal throughout the season. He did end up providing 1st round value and now with Wall demanding a trade its safe to draft him 7-10? Or are those complaints from last season warranted?

I had Beal, he was awesome. It was frustrating mid season, but the man balled the heck out especially when covid hit. He was on an absolute tear and on pace to be top 5 when they cancelled the season. If Wall is gone then hes easily a first round guy again.

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I just saw the wizards signed Robin Lopez. Bad news for Beal he’s going to cut into his touches. Maybe an uptick in assists though but his usage rate will take a hit.

Yikes. Gonna have to bump his value down to the 3rd round after this move. Ugh..

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

But seriously if he stays healthy he should challenge Harden for the scoring title

Hmmm don't sleep on ma man Book. D. Book with CP3 in the backcourt, match made in heaven. I think he goes for 30 PPG

• Like 1

If you recall Rotoworld's writers -- the "top" analysts, not just the blurb writers -- were advocating selling Beal all year long due to shut-down fears. Everyone in the fantasy community has the same information nowadays so the talk actually depressed Beal's market value imo. Think if you bought you could have got a pretty good price. Then Beal ended up doing this over his last 23 games (no missed games either):

UIhDa6K.png

It was one of the more egregious Rotoworld misreads imo

• Like 4
3 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Keep in mind though, Beal surprisingly was also healthy and that Wizards team was a roller coaster of injuries. Hell, even Gary Payton Jr was being considered waiver wire pickup gold for a while.

It's not surprising he was healthy. Early in his career he overtrained and his nutrition and recovery was all off and consequently suffered multiple stress fractures. He's changed a lot about how he prepares and recovers and hasnt been significantly injured since

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ROTY said:

It's not surprising he was healthy. Early in his career he overtrained and his nutrition and recovery was all off and consequently suffered multiple stress fractures. He's changed a lot about how he prepares and recovers and hasnt been significantly injured since

Yeah 5-6 years ago he was a DND for me but he's been super durable for the last 4 seasons. He's no longer injury prone in my eyes.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • 2 weeks later...

Beals value will not suffer.

If anything, I think it might actually get better.

About the only thing that might hurt Beal a little bit is his overall PPG. Might go from 30 PPG to about 24 or 25 PPG.

Wizards need one more nice piece though to be a legitimate Top-5/6 team in the east.

Bryant is ok, Bertans is great, but our defense is atrocious.

9 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

About the only thing that might hurt Beal a little bit is his overall PPG. Might go from 30 PPG to about 24 or 25 PPG.

Wizards need one more nice piece though to be a legitimate Top-5/6 team in the east.

Bryant is ok, Bertans is great, but our defense is atrocious.

I don't think Beal's PPG will drop off that much. Maybe 27-29 PPG. PG and Harden didn't take the hits that many expected. I'm pretty sure they're going to stagger their minutes so each guy gets to dominate the ball. I think everybody elses value will suffer a lot more now. Guys like Bartans, Bryant won't get the same touches like last season.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

9 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

To put it simply.

Beal probably falls down the Rankings Board 5-10 spots.

Solid analysis. Have you considered applying for a job at Rotoworld? 

• Haha 2
Just now, KingDURANTULA said:

Solid analysis. Have you considered applying for a job at Rotoworld? 

Another person taking things too seriously...

I was responding to the people who were saying "RIP" to Beals Value. Making it seem like me saying Beals ADP drops 5-10 spots is not me saying "RIP to Beals value". -_- 

And Russ wanting to be a floor general, has more to do with him Harden being a usage ball-hog than it does with "it being Russ' team".

Beal drops. You have to remember when Westbrook was next to Durant. Westbrook wanted 25 shots and Beal from last year wants 25+ shots. And that’s between two players.

Beal is now 2nd rounder and Westbrook is now 2nd rounder from (3rd rounder). Westbrook still turns the ball over just like Wall. 

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Bradley Beal 2020-2021 Outlook