Rotoworld.com Forums

De'Anthony Melton 2020-2021 Outlook

Rotoworld must be holding a group circlejerk about how their favorite got paid.   

Despite putting up top 198 numbers last season, I truthfully believe he has 1st round upside, may even be a surprise No.1 overall pick in my per 36 numbers league.  

• Haha 6
  • tonycpsu changed the title to De'Anthony Melton 2020-2021 Outlook
14 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

What you guys thinking about this guy? Seems to be back. Just gave him a large contract so I’m sure he’ll get a lot of burn

Is this really a large contract? 4yr/35M

Tyus Jones 3yr/24M

Cory Joseph 3yr/37M

Seems like the going rate for PG2s

I suspect he'll get his 20-22 min to split PG duties with Jones until Morant is back. 

8 & 3 with 1.3 STL would be my guess.

Sneaky player off the bench... Can play 1 and 2, very good defender. Does a little bit of everything. With Bench Boost in our league I rather drop Herro than him. But only if he plays +20 minutes consistently. That is under threat though having Jones as PG competition as a backup and plethora of other guard/wing players to compete for 2-3 spots. I think he needs to shoot it better than last year if he wants to push north to 20 minutes. Not on a good start with that. Mostly scored off fast breaks and ball handling situations with short jumpers/floaters.

If you play Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen in your fantasy lineup, you're guaranteed to get a bulk of the Vikings receiving stats. There is a target concentration on that team. If you play these two guys, you get all the good PG stats for however long Ja is out.

EF805-D10-FDF0-4584-8107-58-B223892-D38.

E94-F5337-7877-4140-9618-65630-F6-DF50-A

• Like 1

I think the guard/SF rotation in Memphis is a point of interest. 

They have starting trio of Morant-Brooks-Anderson, that seems to be set in stone.

Off the bench it gets interesting. Tyus Jones is back-up pg. And Melton backs up SG and has PG credibility too. Grayson Allen, John Konchar and now Desmond Bane round up massively over-crowded rotation. That is 5 back-up players for 3 positions! As a Melton owner I feel like its no brainer he plays +20 minutes a night, but in reality he might struggle to crack the rotation when everyone is healthy!

His numbers are real nice per minute, but might cut the bait after Morant gets back. That would suck though. I believe in this kid. He looks good out there.

He came through tonight. 15 points / 4 ast with 2 steals and a block. This kid is a BALLER when he gets the opportunity with em minutes!

Edited by JormaJormala

I really like this kid. But I had to drop him due to the uncertainty of his minutes. Grayson Allen for f sakes is getting more minutes than him. When he overtakes Allen in the rotation and get 25 minutes up I will feel much better holding him. 

Yeah, 12 minutes after Morant came back. That is pretty worrying. I have Malik Beasley and Devin Vassell fighting for the last spot on the roster with him and some good waiver wire targets. It might be time to drop him which is sad as he is super effective picking up stats across the board. Will give him few games though.