Sign in to follow this  
magic32

Stephen Curry 2020-21 Season Outlook

I have Steph #1 overall. The Warriors are all-in this year unlike last year despite losing Klay. With the addition of Kelly Oubre, Warriors ownership will be taxed an ADDITIONAL 68 Million dollars! Just for getting him. And of course taking Oubre's $14 million salary, They will be paying 82 million extra for adding him.  And this is the last year of Oubre's contract, he becomes unrestricted next season. So that tells you the warriors are all-in THIS season. They are not gonna waste another peak Curry year.  With Harden likely being moved eventually and AD always an injury threat, and without Klay, more offense is needed from Steph, he will be my #1 overall in my pre-draft rankings. He will put up crazy numbers and you can't rely on him breaking bones in his body the first week nor the warriors being extra careful with him this season like last cause they are not tanking like last season. He's probably the front-runner for MVP right now and the Warriors will make the playoffs and will likely STILL get a lottery pick next year since they have the Minnesota pick as long as they our out of the top 3 (If they are, they will get Minnesota's pick the following year, Unprotected).  I predict Curry will lead the league in Points, 3s, FT%, as well as all the great #s he always gives us and will return to #1 overall fantasy player status like he used to be.  If you watch him play, he hasn't lost a step and he's never had a brighter green light than he will now.  

Edited by magic32

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Popularity Vote has Lillard going #1. I like that proposition more so than Curry. 

Lillard? The only reason i see anyone picking Dame over Curry is health, and Dame missed games last season too. Plus with Nurk back and Covington added, you'd think his production would drop a bit. 

10 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Lillard? The only reason i see anyone picking Dame over Curry is health, and Dame missed games last season too. Plus with Nurk back and Covington added, you'd think his production would drop a bit. 

And Curry production won’t drop a bit with Wiggins and Oubre? 

• Like 1

Curry is undoubtedly better than Lillard and only infamous load management can make some difference in favor of Lillard. But other 1st pick possibilities are AD, Harden and KAT.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

And Curry production won’t drop a bit with Wiggins and Oubre? 

Steph was a top 3 fantasy player with KD and Klay on the team. Think about that. You think Wiggins and Oubre compare?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, apatas said:

Curry is undoubtedly better than Lillard and only infamous load management can make some difference in favor of Lillard. But other 1st pick possibilities are AD, Harden and KAT.

Agree. But AD always has health issues and Harden will likely get traded. KAT is the only competitor, and who knows what's up with him after last year...

4 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Steph was a top 3 fantasy player with KD and Klay on the team. Think about that. You think Wiggins and Oubre compare?

I didn’t say they compared. I said there is a consensus that Lillard can be took #1 overall. Curry coming off an injury year and the addition of Oubre kind of keeps Curry away from people drafting top 3.

10 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I didn’t say they compared. I said there is a consensus that Lillard can be took #1 overall. Curry coming off an injury year and the addition of Oubre kind of keeps Curry away from people drafting top 3.

And my point is that you asked if i thought Steph's production would fall off with the addition of Oubre and Wiggins.  No. If he was top 3 with KD and Klay, he will be even better if they are replaced with Oubre and Wiggins. 

• Like 1

If im picking second and Harden is off the board im taking Steph no doubt. Has a chip on his shoulder losing basically a full season, hasn't played in ages and team is highly motivated 

• Like 2

It's Harden first... and then Steph and Dame can be interchangeable guards imo. I am expecting a huge bounce back season for him. Oubre and Wiggins will not get in the way of his chucking. Barring any freakish injury (like Baynes falling on your wrist) I expect him to be the top 5 guy that he was prior to last season.

• Like 1

Harden looks like he’s staying in Houston at least to start the season so he’s number 1. You can’t go wrong with Lillard over Curry although I rather have Curry. Also, you cant compare Curry being top 3 when he had KD and klay vs what he has now. KD and Klay and Curry you can’t leave anyone open yet at any moment all 3 can get hot which means if klay hits 3 3s in a row you gotta double team him and here comes Curry with an open look and same if KD got hot. You think chucking bad shot Wiggins and up and coming but not all star yet oubre commands double teams? Nah. They rather dare Wiggins to shoot and oubre is nice but he is just nice not elite. Basically what I am saying is more times than not Curry will have the most attention on defense whereas when it was klay Curry and KD you can’t do that to either one of the 3.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

It's Harden first... and then Steph and Dame can be interchangeable guards imo. I am expecting a huge bounce back season for him. Oubre and Wiggins will not get in the way of his chucking. Barring any freakish injury (like Baynes falling on your wrist) I expect him to be the top 5 guy that he was prior to last season.

I agree, but i wouldn't use the word "chucking" when talking about the greatest shooter that ever lived...

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Harden looks like he’s staying in Houston at least to start the season so he’s number 1. You can’t go wrong with Lillard over Curry although I rather have Curry. Also, you cant compare Curry being top 3 when he had KD and klay vs what he has now. KD and Klay and Curry you can’t leave anyone open yet at any moment all 3 can get hot which means if klay hits 3 3s in a row you gotta double team him and here comes Curry with an open look and same if KD got hot. You think chucking bad shot Wiggins and up and coming but not all star yet oubre commands double teams? Nah. They rather dare Wiggins to shoot and oubre is nice but he is just nice not elite. Basically what I am saying is more times than not Curry will have the most attention on defense whereas when it was klay Curry and KD you can’t do that to either one of the 3.

Yeah, but just cause Harden MAY be staying in Houston to start the season, doesn't mean he will stay there for the whole or even majority of the season. He has a very high chance of eventually leaving, and imagine if it's to the Nets where he's rumored to go and where he will need to compete for shots with Kyrie AND KD, two of highest FG takers in the league.  Do you really wanna take that chance as the #1 overall pick considering your 2nd round pick will probably not be for ages?

And the only category where i see Curry going down in is FG% because of what you are saying. But in other categories, he will skyrocket which will more than make up for the lower FG% and if i recall correctly, it's been mentioned before that in games when KD and Klay were out, Steph's percentages did NOT decline in those games. I am not saying that will continue this season, but that's something to think about...

5 minutes ago, magic32 said:

there's no disrespect. We all know what AD can do, but he is always an injury risk, and Steph has been the #1 overall best fantasy player for multiple years. AHEAD of AD.  

It depends on your league settings. In mine steph has only been number 1 once. It’s always AD or Harden

10 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

It depends on your league settings. In mine steph has only been number 1 once. It’s always AD or Harden

yeah i only play in 8 cat leagues. And just about all point guards will have more turnovers than big men simply cause they have the ball more in their hands. That's why i never play with TOs. It usually penalizes the best players, since they have the ball in their hands the most, it's stupid in my opinion. Like a scrub would be heralded in that category simply cause he doesn't get the ball.  And imagine if Steph had Dantoni as a coach who made Jeremy Lin into a star. He would average 40 per game, easy. Or didn't have any stars around him like AD for his entire career until last year, while barely even having average players besides lebron, who was #1 in assists, which AD obviously benefitted from. 

Edited by magic32

20 minutes ago, magic32 said:

yeah i only play in 8 cat leagues. And just about all point guards will have more turnovers than big men simply cause they have the ball more in their hands. That's why i never play with TOs. It usually penalizes the best players, since they have the ball in their hands the most, it's stupid in my opinion. Like a scrub would be heralded in that category simply cause he doesn't get the ball.  And imagine if Steph had Dantoni as a coach who made Jeremy Lin into a star. He would average 40 per game, easy. Or didn't have any stars around him like AD for his entire career until last year, while barely even having average players besides lebron, who was #1 in assists, which AD obviously benefitted from. 

thats why people who play with TOs dont care about losing that category because of that reason. We all punt TOs

59 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

thats why people who play with TOs dont care about losing that category because of that reason. We all punt TOs

so what the hell is the point of playing with TOs at all if you are gonna punt them? that makes zero sense.

5 minutes ago, magic32 said:

so what the hell is the point of playing with TOs at all if you are gonna punt them? that makes zero sense.

To have a tie breaker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Tie breaker??? 

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

To have a tie breaker.

Bingo. Besides TO is pretty irrelevant it’s not even a big deal really. If you draft correctly you are going to win. 1 category doesn’t change that.

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Tie breaker??? 

Bingo. Besides TO is pretty irrelevant it’s not even a big deal really. If you draft correctly you are going to win. 1 category doesn’t change that.

so why Turnovers??? there are lots of other categories that can replace it if you are looking for a tie-breaker. Why one that you would "punt" anyway? that makes no sense. Especially a category that penalizes the best players usually. I never understood people that actually chose to play with that category.