Rotoworld.com Forums

Texans @ Lions Thanksgiving Day Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ESPN just changed it so you can start him in your WR slot next week.

Stafford on passes longer than 20 yards.

Happy Thanksgiving guys  

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

FEED HOCK!

When is the NFL going to stop giving Thanksgiving to the Cowboys and Lions?  Tired of seeing the Lions...

1) It is probably the only time you have to see them all year.

2) All Lions fans really have.

3) Watching the Lions makes everyone thankful they aren't their team.  "Son, at least you aren't a Lions fan, now eat some stuffing."

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Just now, Sternes said:

1) It is probably the only time you have to seem them all year.

3) Watching the Lions makes everyone thankful they aren't their team.  "Son, at least you aren't a Lions fan, now eat some stuffing."

Yea lol who the hell gets tired of seeing the Lions other than Lions fans? Lions are one of the least marketed teams in the NFL 

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

1) It is probably the only time you have to see them all year.

Lions fans - most of whom live in Detroit - get to watch their sorry team all year.  The rest of the country doesn't need to see them.

F U AP.

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

Yea lol who the hell gets tired of seeing the Lions other than Lions fans? Lions are one of the least marketed teams in the NFL 

I get tired of the tradition of having to watch the Lions on Thanksgiving.  How about some more interesting teams and games?

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Lions fans - most of whom live in Detroit - get to watch their sorry team all year.  The rest of the country doesn't need to see them.

F U AP.

You think the rest of the country wants to watch cowboys and bears games all of 2020? That’s what I am sick of. The whole NFC east

1 minute ago, CooL said:

I get tired of the tradition of having to watch the Lions on Thanksgiving.  How about some more interesting teams and games?

That’s what the other 2 games are for. Oh wait, it’s usually just the cowboys, and they’ve been mediocre throughout the 2000’s and 2010’s outside of a few seasons here and there

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

That’s what the other 2 games are for. Oh wait, it’s usually just the cowboys, and they’ve been mediocre throughout the 2000’s and 2010’s outside of a few seasons here and there

Exactly.  Why not give some other teams the chance to host a Turkey game?

9 minutes ago, CooL said:

F U AP.

Come on dude.  How many fricking "primetime" games have we had for the Falcons this year?  Cowboys? 49ers?  Eagles?  Patriots?  Broncos? All of them have the same or worse records than the Lions.  Not saying the Lions are good.  Suffering through one bad record primetime game a year and complaining seems odd.  Both teams in the next matchup have worse records. I don't think the Lions had/have another national game all year.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Come on dude.  How many fricking "primetime" games have we had for the Falcons this year?  Cowboys? 49ers?  Eagles?  Patriots?  Broncos? All of them have the same or worse records than the Lions.  Not saying the Lions are good.  Suffering through one bad record primetime game a year and complaining seems odd.  Both teams in the next matchup have worse records. I don't think the Lions had/have another national game all year.

Lighten up a bit, maybe?  It's not just a national game.  It's the silly inane tradition of allowing this trash of a team to always have the holiday game.  We're all off today, sitting at home with family, wanting to enjoy some good football.  And year after year, we get Detroit again.  I'm sure lots of players in the league feel the same way and want the chance to be playing at home on the holiday to a national audience.

Just now, CooL said:

Lighten up a bit, maybe?  It's not just a national game.  It's the silly inane tradition of allowing this trash of a team to always have the holiday game.  We're all off today, sitting at home with family, wanting to enjoy some good football.  And year after year, we get Detroit again.  I'm sure lots of players in the league feel the same way and want the chance to be playing at home on the holiday to a national audience.

Lighten up a bit and just be happy having football at all.

I can play that game too.