Rotoworld.com Forums

Kendall Hinton 2020 Outlook

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly I’m starting him just because. No logic or reason. It’s just damn wild so let’s have some fun. 

Are we having some fun? 

Posted Images

I can’t believe that Royce Freeman gets the nod with no experience.  I get that this is a pure dart throw but the Saints D should eat Gordon and Lindsay for breakfast.  The game script is going to dictate passing.  I would foresee short routes. Unsure that they move the ball enough to get a TD so may need a busted play. I am so intrigued to start him as a flex as my options are Meyers or shepherd right now.

48 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Is there any reason to think he could be serviceable as a WR over a lot of the WR3 options?

I'm wondering the same.  Maybe you start him over Jalen Reagor / Travis Fulgham / Michael Pittman types?  

He'd be way more valuable if you could play him at RB.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Naboo said:

Feels a bit like cheating, but I did add him in the 2 leagues I badly need a win.

You pick him up to block others from starting him.  You have a lot of people out there who are more than willing to take advantage of this COVID situation.  Don’t be that guy, especially if you play with friends, coworkers, etc.  The short term gains aren’t worth it.

Look at Brettg57’s rating right now.  It’s 666.  Says it all, really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Your scoring must be a lot different than mine because he had 1.28 in my league (I started him, unfortunately).

My point is, this Saints defense crushed Tom Brady, crushed Nick Mullens & crushed Matt Ryan in their last 3 games.

What makes anyone think there is any upside in starting a practice squad WR who has less than 24 hours to prepare against them?

His ceiling is probably 10, his floor is -5.

Saints DEF is legit. I think it will be a big dose of Gordon and Lindsay all day (no matter the score) so Hinton doesn't take too many hits.

I'm not saying they won't pass at all but they may just try and slow the game down.

If they try the Wildcat or RPO it leaves Hinton more susceptible to a big hit, not including drop backs.

I hope Hinton does well but there may only be a handful of plays they will be able to run. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

The Saints are a top 8 defense.  Rodney Harrison said they have the best defense in the league, but obviously that guy got his bell rung quite a few times.  Still though, damn good defense.

Yahoo is just going to change his position to QB, right?  

No, yahoo won’t change it tomorrow. And since this is a one time crazy emergency deal they won’t change it ever after that

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Yahoo is just going to change his position to QB, right?  

I wouldn't bet on it. Remember Joe Webb ca. 2010 with the Vikings ? Also there is a decent chance that all Ravens & Steelers end up giving you 0 points, so it's good to have options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked him up but be careful...

they play the 3:00 game. If yahoo changes his designation and/or word comes out that he won’t get reps, absolutely have a contingency plan. I would think we would know the designation by the kickoff of the noon games. It would be brutal to have it changed after the fact. Make sure you have another player available for the 3:00, SNF, or MNF game

• Like 1

They won't change his designation like they didn't change Taysom Hill's designation the day of the game.

Enjoy your 1 week cheat code. Won't be like Taysom's last week, but has potential to at least put up 10+ points given garbage time! Can't imagine Royce Freeman going to throw the ball.

I definitely looked him up in ESPN and saw he's listed as a QB, so nothing to do there. Definitely only worth evaluating if he's a WR/FLEX.

Edited by Evilbooyaa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Evilbooyaa said:

They won't change his designation like they didn't change Taysom Hill's designation the day of the game.

Enjoy your 1 week cheat code. Won't be like Taysom's last week, but has potential to at least put up 10+ points given garbage time! Can't imagine Royce Freeman going to throw the ball.

I definitely looked him up in ESPN and saw he's listed as a QB, so nothing to do there. Definitely only worth evaluating if he's a WR/FLEX.

You couldn’t get 10 points from a WR3/flex? Lots of risk with this. He could just be there to hand the ball off and they’ll go Wildcat all game. 

43 minutes ago, Naboo said:

I wouldn't bet on it. Remember Joe Webb ca. 2010 with the Vikings ? Also there is a decent chance that all Ravens & Steelers end up giving you 0 points, so it's good to have options.

Webb saved the day with a rushing TD and no INT's.

I'm comparing it more to when the Vikings signed Josh Freeman and started him on Monday Night Football.

The offense was terrible because he didn't have a chance to learn the playback and he threw 33 incomplete passes in a loss to the Giants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic