Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreo2k

Roddy White... what are your thoughts on him?

I'm excited, I was able to land him and Bulger for Curry and Schaub, but that's besides the point! what do you guys think he will do this year? I had him last year and he was either hit or miss, but when he hit it was huge. Personally I think he will have stability this year when it comes to his stats. I see a few huge games tossed in there. I'd love to get your thoughts on him.

I like your trade. White has the making of a star and will be at least as good as he was last year. Imagine, if he put up those numbers with Joey Harrington and co, he should do better if Ryan is throwing at him. I drafted White round 6-7 and feel good about it.

I like White because of his talent. Seems like he catches anything thrown relatively well and near him, and Ryan has shown he can do that at times this preseason. And if he put up numbers like last year with Redman, Harrington and Leftwich, why not Ryan?

I definitely agree, I think Roddy will have a better year this year. That's mainly due to consistency, last year he put up solid numbers but it seemed to be feast or famine for him. But now with Turner there and finally landing a talented qb I think he could put up big numbers.

I like Roddy, still think he's a WR3, but he's solid...I mean, the thing about him is that he was waiver wire material for most of his career, always a chance that last season was a career year for him.

Roddy was thrown to a LOT last year, and though the numbers don't support it, Redman wasn't awful.

They're going to have to throw a lot this year as well (the defense is atrocious), but man alive are they going to have some problems. it doesn't matter how good matt ryan will be, their offensive line may as well not be there.

if anyone has a good year receiving it will be him, but man things are looking bleak.

I like White a lot and I don't see any regression this year.....He was the #14 overall wr in our league last year, that puts him as a very good #2 but he doesn't get much respect by many. The guy was a first round NFL draft pick and has great talent so this isn't coming out of no where, could be turning into a star if Ryan figures it out quickly.

You figure he put up very solid numbers last year without a good rapport with any of the qbs... I mean how could you find a groove when the Falcons kept shuffling qbs. I like what I have heard pertaining to his relationship with Ryan and from watching Ryan at BC he can definitely throw the long ball. I really like him as my wr3.

I like Roddy, still think he's a WR3, but he's solid...I mean, the thing about him is that he was waiver wire material for most of his career, always a chance that last season was a career year for him.

Dude, Roddy has been in the league for only 3 years. Considering that he played with a QB who never threw the ball in the first two years, last year was his first real year and he excelled. And that was with lousy QB work.

I like Roddy and I had him last year, but I think he does comeback a little bit this season though; scaling 1200 back to 950 yards while keeping TDs at 6. I think he over-produced last season and may have created expectations. Again, I think he is a good player, just not Top 15-20.

Reasons:

Rookie QB

Run first offense

No proven counterpart to take away the double teams

I think White will be good going forward as well...

I think the only thing that held him back in his first couple of season was having Vick there. Kinda hard to get good numbers when you don't have an actual QB throwing the ball.

Despite Redman/Leftwich/etc. not being great last season, they were all pocket passers and actually threw consistently to their WR's.

Lets put it that way , i would not trade Roddy White for Lee Evans .

I tried to get Evans the Evans owner wanted White and Josh Morgan , discussions stopped right there.

Lee Evans sucks

If you are looking for consistency, I'm not sure White is your guy. But if you are looking for a WR3 that will blow up on occasion he is great in that respect, just make sure you have 2 other WRs to make up for his slack some weeks. Consistency is often tied to the play of the QB, and I have to asssume Matt Ryan will struggle to be consistent this year.

What to expect out of him this year? He has a rookie QB, but he did put up decent numbers with Harrington as his QB last year. I picked him up as my 3rd WR, was wondering what I can expect. 800 yards and 5-7 TDS to much to ask?

What to expect out of him this year? He has a rookie QB, but he did put up decent numbers with Harrington as his QB last year. I picked him up as my 3rd WR, was wondering what I can expect. 800 yards and 5-7 TDS to much to ask?

Opinion on Roddy after 5 weeks? A writer on another site had him ranked at the 12th best WR for the rest of the season. Seems high to me but he's done well so far, he's 8th in points for WR in my league right now.

Opinion on Roddy after 5 weeks? A writer on another site had him ranked at the 12th best WR for the rest of the season. Seems high to me but he's done well so far, he's 8th in points for WR in my league right now.

Disclaimer: See signature

I have to say he's got a little more going for him this year. Last year he had three QBs throwing to him. Barring injury to Ryan that won't happen again. Seems to be a new attitude down there. They have Turner and seem to know how and when to use Norwood for a change. The defenses need to stay more honest now. His numbers are up across the board over last year even with a slow start the first two games (to be expected with a rookie QB and a big lead in Game 1). Not completely sold on the ATL but they'll definitely be in a lot of games with the opportunities there.

I like White because of his talent. Seems like he catches anything thrown relatively well and near him, and Ryan has shown he can do that at times this preseason. And if he put up numbers like last year with Redman, Harrington and Leftwich, why not Ryan?

lol ^. who would of thought someone would say that about roddy white 2 years ago

but seriously give the guy some respect. he is 3rd in the nfl in yards and has 2 td's. he is on pace for 1350 yards and 6 td's . one espn guy has him ranked 12th for wr's. which in my 12 team league would make him a no.1 wr

lol ^. who would of thought someone would say that about roddy white 2 years ago

but seriously give the guy some respect. he is 3rd in the nfl in yards and has 2 td's. he is on pace for 1350 yards and 6 td's . one espn guy has him ranked 12th for wr's. which in my 12 team league would make him a no.1 wr

What do we think of Roddy now? I really like him... he and MRyan have been developing a rapport recently. I SEE TOP 10 THIS YEAR!

I've been a RW believer all year. See my August posts. I actually have Lee Evans in my team too.

These guys are the same stars Fitz, Marshall and co are. They just haven't had someone to throw them the ball until now. TJH owners would strongly agree

Him and Ryan built the rapport during the preseason...which is why i'm glad i own the pair of them.

I've been a RW believer all year. See my August posts. I actually have Lee Evans in my team too.

These guys are the same stars Fitz, Marshall and co are. They just haven't had someone to throw them the ball until now. TJH owners would strongly agree

I agree.. Im always having issue on who to start becasue of this issue. But in a good way.. lol I have White, Fitz, AJ, Cotchery and Bryant. And on my other money team I have White, S.Smith, Megatron, Cotchery, Galloway. Both 12 team leagues

I drafted him with high hopes 2 years ago and got nothing from him. Then last year someone drafted him in the 14th and dropped before the season started so I grabbed him up hoping he had turned a corner. Needless to say he has been nothing short of amazing for me. Everything he did last year and what he has done this season coming from my 13th round pick. That's what I call value. I have Marshall locked as a 7th rounder next year, and White as a 12th. Not too shabby.