Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

electrolyte1

Raise your hand if you sold Ronnie Brown!

Why? Because I almost threw up in my mouth reading your earlier posts in the thread consisting of.... "Complete ownage! Domination !!! kicking butt!!! undefeated in all 3 of my leagues!!!!!!!!!!!Here come the screenshots! You'd get your behind handed to you if you were in my league." And then you tried to play the age card by calling someone (who is most likely a grown man) a kid. Come on...

You made this thread looking for a pat on the back for your clever trade when in reality it was a horrible trade. Sure, it may work in your favor but that will require mostly luck and you could have swung a much better deal. I.E. Ronnie Brown for just Steve Smith would have been much better....

Move along now.

classic julius jones and the term sweetner used in the same sentance...julius jones sir, is no sweetner... ronnie brown is a number one back 14 carries or 28 carries he can produce with either amount of touches...

classic julius jones and the term sweetner used in the same sentance...julius jones sir, is no sweetner... ronnie brown is a number one back 14 carries or 28 carries he can produce with either amount of touches...

Classic. You didn't read it correctly. Braylon Edwards was the sweetener that got the deal done. Oh Em Gee, why don't people read correctly before criticizing.....

This is my last comment on this thread because it's complete rubbish.

I can't believe there's 4 pages of complete crap on the top of these boards, there's no significant relevance to this thread whatsoever.

1 ) Let's get real OP, you made this thread as a "brag" and you really do believe you got a great trade. There's a separate brag thread floating around somewhere (although your trade doesn't qualify as a brag

2 ) Ronnie Brown + Braylon for Steve Smith + J. Jones is still bad. Brown was a stud last year and everyone knew going in that it'll take him some time to get his feet wet again and regain his role as the Dolphins main back. He had one bad game against the Ravens (as do all running backs). With that being said, his remaining schedule looks juicy

3 ) Coming on here saying that you're "owning all your leagues, undefeated in 3 leagues" will only get you flamed

This is my last comment on this thread because it's complete rubbish.

I can't believe there's 4 pages of complete crap on the top of these boards, there's no significant relevance to this thread whatsoever.

1 ) Let's get real OP, you made this thread as a "brag" and you really do believe you got a great trade. There's a separate brag thread floating around somewhere (although your trade doesn't qualify as a brag

2 ) Ronnie Brown + Braylon for Steve Smith + J. Jones is still bad. Brown was a stud last year and everyone knew going in that it'll take him some time to get his feet wet again and regain his role as the Dolphins main back. He had one bad game against the Ravens (as do all running backs). With that being said, his remaining schedule looks juicy

3 ) Coming on here saying that you're "owning all your leagues, undefeated in 3 leagues" will only get you flamed

1) I swear on my fantasy season I did NOT brag at all. If I NEVER included the "I personally did x" scenario, you wouldn't be saying that. Am I NOT ALLOWED to give my damn scenario ??? Some of you are really overreacting and reaching into crazy-land. What the hell is up...

2) He has more than 'one bad game'. He has only 3 games out of 6 in which he scored over 10 fantasy points. He has only ONE run over 13 yards. He averages only 13-14 carries. The Dolphins offense sucks and is relying on gimmick plays, which worked in Week 3 and 5.

3) Am I not allowed to defend myself? How about people "coming on here saying "i wish you were in my league so i can beat you" or whatever? I am undefeated in all 3 of my leagues, so I brought it up when I was attacked. Who started what? Yeah.

Lastly the quality of the posts in this thread is pointing a finger directly at the posters. Instead of talking about Ronnie Brown and if they want to keep him, if they sold him, or they bought him, they would rather discuss all things that have to do with ELECTROLYTE1. Who's fault is that?

Point the finger at the right place. Squarely at all of your own chests. Behave yourselves.

That would mean I would have to trade with another team. Another team doesn't have Steve Smith. I wanted Steve Smith. He's probably the most consistent WR right now. If he doesn't get you a TD, he gets you 100 yards receiving. I would have to trade with another owner for who? None compare to Smith, imo.

And the fact that you mention McGahee as a viable option going forward, puke. 1 good game out of all the bad ones. He gets injured seemingly every single game. LeRon McClain is there to LenDale some goal line carries. No thanks.

I hope you realize how many carries McClain got on Sunday. Either way, I think McGahee's job is more secure than J.Jones. But all that's irrelevant. I was using him as simply someone you could've gotten over J.Jones in general terms (I'm sure most people would take McGahee over J.Jones). I'm not blasting your decision. I understand what its like to really want a player on your team. In fact, I have Lincecum as my top rated SP for 09 which definitely isn't the consensus. Does that mean I'm gonna take him in the 2nd round before guys like Johan and Peavy are gone? No, I'd simply wait a bit. Is it possible that someone else in my league has Lincecum as their number 1 guy too? Maybe, but I'll take the chances that Johan, Peavy, Webb, and Halladay go before Lincecum. I know its a different sport, but I couldn't think of a football example off the top of my head.

Personally, I think Brown straight up for S.Smith is decent value wise especially if you think Brown will falter. However, you threw in Edwards and only got J.Jones in return. That's the part of the deal that people have a problem with. Good luck.

I hope you realize how many carries McClain got on Sunday. Either way, I think McGahee's job is more secure than J.Jones. But all that's irrelevant. I was using him as simply someone you could've gotten over J.Jones in general terms (I'm sure most people would take McGahee over J.Jones). I'm not blasting your decision. I understand what its like to really want a player on your team. In fact, I have Lincecum as my top rated SP for 09 which definitely isn't the consensus. Does that mean I'm gonna take him in the 2nd round before guys like Johan and Peavy are gone? No, I'd simply wait a bit. Is it possible that someone else in my league has Lincecum as their number 1 guy too? Maybe, but I'll take the chances that Johan, Peavy, Webb, and Halladay go before Lincecum. I know its a different sport, but I couldn't think of a football example off the top of my head.

Personally, I think Brown straight up for S.Smith is decent value wise especially if you think Brown will falter. However, you threw in Edwards and only got J.Jones in return. That's the part of the deal that people have a problem with. Good luck.

Alright. So if I am right about Edwards, and he continues to be a bust this year, then it will be in MY favor in your eyes. DA is not looking good. Quinn might be the starter soon. Not looking good for Edwards and his fantasy value. Sure, he has upside. However, every year there are a handful of players that were projected to be studs and turn out to be busts.

It happens every year. I believe Braylon Edwards is a bust this year. Edwards, right now, is a No. 3 WR, on potential alone. If you look at his situation THIS year, Edwards is not even No. 3.

meanwhile, Julius Jones is a No. 2 RB. He might be in for another huge game this weekend vs the 49ers. He ran for 127 yards and a TD on 26 carriers vs the 49ers this year already. How funny is it going to be if Jones runs for about 90 yards and a TD and Edwards only puts up 45 yards receiving?

I feel I am going to be proven right. Regardless of right or wrong, I will revive the thread.

I can appreciate your optimism, and I am sure you can understand my skepticism. Knowing that, combined with the fact Edwards is in for an ugly season (once again, you might have faith, i don't), the trade gave me what I consider the best receiver in fantasy right now and a starting RB that I can stash away or trade again for more pieces I might need.

I will revive this thread regardless if I was wrong or right.

I'd say this. Your trade is not a slam dunk either way.

I think RBrown and SSmith are about the same value. If the draft was held today, they both would go in the middle of the second round. Both are solid bets to continue their success for the rest of the season.

Edwards would be late 3rd - early 4th round and JuJo would be 5th or 6th round. This is what makes or breaks the trade for both of you. Personally I think it's very likely that Edwards turns it around when CLE makes the switch at QB. He could very well be putting up WR1 numbers in the second half of the season. JuJo could put up better numbers if Hasselbeck comes back soon, but he's still probably an RB2 at best.

But if you were strong without Brown at RB and you were looking for a top flight WR this trade will probably help you.

I think electrolyte meant something different when told us he sold Ronnie Brown high...

B)

Rofl, that was awesome. And I agree 100%.

Can I get an I TOLD YOU SO?

Steve Smith, 2 touchdowns this week already.

ronnie brown? inconsistent, unreliable, in a RBBC, etc.

Two weeks... Ronnie is still in like top 3-4 in td's, plus this game aint over yet.

excuse me.

Steve Smith has scored 22 pts already and his game aint over yet. 107 yards, 2 TD's.

Want to criticize my trade now?

I sold at the perfect time on Ronnie Brown. I did sell high, and for the fantasy footballs best receiver, imo Steve Smith.

I live in Miami, I KNOW the deal with him.

and why the hell is this thread in Coach forums? There is no advice here. This is a discussion about Ronnie Brown.

excuse me.

Steve Smith has scored 22 pts already and his game aint over yet. 107 yards, 2 TD's.

Want to criticize my trade now?

I sold at the perfect time on Ronnie Brown. I did sell high, and for the fantasy footballs best receiver, imo Steve Smith.

I live in Miami, I KNOW the deal with him.

First of all you cannot evaluate a trade after only 1-2 weeks, secondly best fantasy receiver is either Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald.

look at the numbers. Smith is in the discussion.

i was ridiculed for trading the bust Braylon Edwards and inconsistent, gimmick, RBBC Ronnie Brown for SUPER STEVE SMITH and Julius Jones.

WHo'S LAUGHING NOW????

haha.

^ Come back at the end of the season and tell us how you did. Steve Smith could get injured next week and Ronnie Brown could have 5 TD's. Quit bragging.

Damn I tried to trade him in a package deal for AP! Man the deal got accepted, but my damn league vetoed it!!!!

i was ridiculed. i deserve to brag.

i know i was right.

No one ridiculed you for trading Brown. We were just saying you could've gotten more, but who cares. Fantasy Football is a crapshoot.

Two weeks... Ronnie is still in like top 3-4 in td's, plus this game aint over yet.

yes but -4- of those TD's came in the Patriots game where they first introduced the wildcat offense and the patriots still sucked without tom brady at QB back then so the fins got the ball a lot. nobody is gonna fall for the wildcat like that anymore this season, everyone knows about it.

ronnie can blow up for 4 td's one week, then get 40 yards no tds the next. he is liable to get injured again and ricky is a great RB so he gets carried too. he's not reliable for fantasy football as a no.1. thats how he is. brown is an inconsistent No.2 back that might or might not put up No.1 number or 40 yrds and no td.

meanwhile, Steve Smith continues to show why made sure to own him in all 3 of my leagues. week in, week out, Smith is the most reliable fantasy receiver imo.

If you're wanting to toot your own horn, go ahead. Ronnie has a easy schedule in front of him, and you can't judge your trade after one or two weeks. Wait until the end of the season before you start rambling on about how you made the greatest sell high trade ever or something.

hahahahahahahahaha.

Dude RB will be a top 5 back at years end. He also has a great schedule down the stretch. I wouldn't get all worked up over your trade. LOL

yes but -4- of those TD's came in the Patriots game where they first introduced the wildcat offense and the patriots still sucked without tom brady at QB back then so the fins got the ball a lot. nobody is gonna fall for the wildcat like that anymore this season, everyone knows about it.

ronnie can blow up for 4 td's one week, then get 40 yards no tds the next. he is liable to get injured again and ricky is a great RB so he gets carried too. he's not reliable for fantasy football as a no.1. thats how he is. brown is an inconsistent No.2 back that might or might not put up No.1 number or 40 yrds and no td.

meanwhile, Steve Smith continues to show why made sure to own him in all 3 of my leagues. week in, week out, Smith is the most reliable fantasy receiver imo.

Next week when Ronnie outperforms Smith, I will rip you to shreds.

Am I a genius or what?

Braylon Edwards = bust

Ronnie Brown = no.2 rb at BEST, unreliable, RBBC

Steve Smith = top 3 fantasy receiver

yeah i thought so.

The GM i traded with -DROPPED- Braylon Edwards last week LOL and benched Ronnie Brown for past 2 weeks.

Steve Smith = 126 yards and a TD AT HALFTIME!

Ronnie Brown = 60 yards, no td whole game

Braylon Edwards is on the waiver wire LOL

yeah, I guess WE KNOW WHO WAS RIGHT NOW DON'T WE?

I unloaded Brown in a six-player deal that netted me Peyton and MJD right before Week 6. Haven't lost since! One more win, baby, one more win ...